• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurrier wonders Vanderbilt football’s success comes from relaxed academic standards

drinks coors heavy, talks shit to clemson fans, won an acc championship at duke, goes without shirts and shoes at practices, and doesnt give a single fuck about anything. sorry i wasnt around for the woody hayes, bo shembeckler's, and bear bryant's. but if i were i think i would still like steve way more.

Eh, if he didn't give a single fuck about anything then he wouldn't get pissy when a columnist trashes his team

http://deadspin.com/5947590/steve-spurrier-wants-a-columnist-sacked-and-will-probably-get-his-way

http://deadspin.com/reporter-who-was-critical-of-steve-spurrier-replaced-by-1296297209

You or me? There's one USC in the country, and it's on the West Coast.

Edit. Okay, mea culpa. I disregarded the topic, and just saw USC. Folks should never refer to S.Car. as USC though.

Last edited:
Spurrier went to a wide open offense at Duke and spread the field. He made the other teams cover him and they couldn't and he won the ACC title in 1989. I have loved his style ever since becasue he whipped UNC-Chapel Hill's butts in Kenan and before they could get the scoreboard turned off, he took the team over and took a team photo in front of the scoreboard. The man has kahonas!

Actually, Duke shared the ACC title with Virginia in 1989, and Spurrier made the same accusations about UVa that he's making about Vanderbilt after Virginia beat him that year. In some ways, he's kinda predictable! :cool:

It's not like the Vandy football team was full of Mensa members when they've sucked in the past. At least now they're taking academically unqualified athletes who can play.

Spurrier loves to dish it out, but his crusty old vagina gets awful itchy when somebody dares to try and give him shit.

Love Spurrier. I might get excommunicated for this, but if Spurrier had stayed at Duke one more year, I would be a Dukie instead of a Deac. I committed to him on the spot on my official visit there and only reconsidered Wake when he left for Florida before national signing day.

Love Spurrier. I might get excommunicated for this, but if Spurrier had stayed at Duke one more year, I would be a Dukie instead of a Deac. I committed to him on the spot on my official visit there and only reconsidered Wake when he left for Florida before national signing day.

sorry, im not sure if its common knowledge around here but what position did you play at wake?

Spurrier went to a wide open offense at Duke and spread the field. He made the other teams cover him and they couldn't and he won the ACC title in 1989. I have loved his style ever since becasue he whipped UNC-Chapel Hill's butts in Kenan and before they could get the scoreboard turned off, he took the team over and took a team photo in front of the scoreboard. The man has kahonas!

Virginia had the same ACC record as Duke that year and beat the Dukies by 21 points.

Back