• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stand Up Paddle Boards

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some buying advice on one of these as this is what my wife wants for her birthday?

How does an inflatable one match on with the regular fiberglass ones?

I love to throw a huge wake when I cruise past a group of jackass idiots on those damned things.

Check PM (sidestepping the boards' High Rock Lake contingent)

Check out Blue Planet Surf shop in HI and online. They have some educational videos that show the how much weight the inflatables can take. They are not like an air mattress! Inflatable boards are generally much lighter and when deflated can be carried in the trunk of your car. The solid boards are more awkward to handle and must be carried on top of the car.

Yep, a group of 20 doing paddleboard yoga in the morning at the busiest creek and landing in the state makes a ton of sense.

Padle boarding is beyond stupid. Get a kayak and actually be able to efficiently move on the water.

Unless you are paddle boarding in the surf, which would be cool if someone hadn't already invented surf boards.

Or you can buy a 25hp 2-stroke outboard for $750 and go 30mph

I've had my eye on these because my daughter that lives in Wilmington would like one. Check craigslist in coastal towns and the "outfitters" sell off at the end of the season. I saw several for under $300 last year and plan to buy her one this fall.

Wait, WTF, Junebug is a stand up paddle boarder? Next thing you know, we'll find out jhmd loves rollerblading.

Not to be an asshole, but can someone explain to me the appeal of paddle boarding? It seems pretty slow and unexciting.

Not to be an asshole, but can someone explain to me the appeal of paddle boarding? It seems pretty slow and unexciting.

Same idea as kayaking, but with more of a core workout, instead of just arms. You can also use them as de facto long boards and surf with them.

Back