• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread

Within two years of getting a new Star Wars. Everything else is getting remade.

Been watching Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles with my boys. That has taken over the Star Wars parody game.

More stormtroopers than Dragon-Con
CMERwh2WwAAEuIO.jpg:large

Apparently the Stormtroopers are badass. Like can hit targets and stuff.

Watched The Empire Strike Back with my kids this weekend. Is it universally accepted that Yoda is the best character in the Star Wars universe? He was good in the prequels. From what I've seen of the animated series, he's good in there as well.

Apparently the Stormtroopers are badass. Like can hit targets and stuff.

Watched The Empire Strike Back with my kids this weekend. Is it universally accepted that Yoda is the best character in the Star Wars universe? He was good in the prequels. From what I've seen of the animated series, he's good in there as well.

how did that go? keep trying to decide when it's ok for my kids. my daughter loves star wars rebels and after working our way through some of the clone wars s1 and starting s2 i'm thinking there is not much difference in content.

my youngest might have an issue here and there. we watched minions this weekend and some of the villain stuff scared him. he also gets a little scared in the previously mentioned sw cartoons.

My 6 year old gets more scared by this stuff than my 3 year old. It's astounding actually. My 3 year old was hyped to watch Star Wars and watched the whole thing. He even picked up a piece of car track like a light saber when Luke was training on the Millennium Falcon. Same poses and everything. His reaction when Vader killed Obi Wan was awesome. "He disappeared! He disappeared! Darth Vader made him disappear!"

When we told him there was a second Star Wars movie, he put his hands over his mouth and breathed like Darth Vader. He actually goes around the house humming the Imperial March. He was a little rowdy during Empire, but was completely engrossed in the last 20 minutes. My oldest ended up watching both but was in and out. It did suck that they knew Vader was Anakin from Lego Star Wars though.

We watched the "Path of the Jedi" episode of Star Wars Rebels after Empire (completely by accident) and it was a perfect follow up. That really is an excellent show.

Last edited:
yeah, she'll be 6 in a month. she comes home from school and says stuff like "girls can like star wars too. the boys at school don't know anything."

i'm now excited. i want to go pick her up and watch them now. "daddy why did the green guy shoot at him. han fired first sweetie."

she does not know who vader is. she might realize that luke is vader's son so that revel might be out of the bag but she has never asked about it despite my effing brother in law giving this book for christmas

http://smile.amazon.com/Darth-Vader...9237090&sr=8-1&keywords=darth+vader+kids+book

it's a fun book but i tried to hide it away after they opened it because i wanted to share the delight in the reveal if possible only to have it grabbed and read to her.

My wife really liked Empire, too. She hadn't seen it in a long time, but she was really into it as well (beyond simply young Harrison Ford).

My wife really liked Empire, too. She hadn't seen it in a long time, but she was really into it as well (beyond simply young Harrison Ford).

so you like your brunette's mousey and she likes 'em roguish. got it.

Yeah. Star Wars has something for both of us.

Very excited about this. OSD I, OSD II and OSD III (me) saw the original Star Wars "A New Hope" in the theater in 1977. Planning on taking OSDBoy to the new one in Dec.

Very excited about this. OSD I, OSD II and OSD III (me) saw the original Star Wars "A New Hope" in the theater in 1977. Planning on taking OSDBoy to the new one in Dec.

We are planning to take the boys on Christmas day!

My 6 year old gets more scared by this stuff than my 3 year old. It's astounding actually. My 3 year old was hyped to watch Star Wars and watched the whole thing. He even picked up a piece of car track like a light saber when Luke was training on the Millennium Falcon. Same poses and everything. His reaction when Vader killed Obi Wan was awesome. "He disappeared! He disappeared! Darth Vader made him disappear!"

When we told him there was a second Star Wars movie, he put his hands over his mouth and breathed like Darth Vader. He actually goes around the house humming the Imperial March. He was a little rowdy during Empire, but was completely engrossed in the last 20 minutes. My oldest ended up watching both but was in and out. It did suck that they knew Vader was Anakin from Lego Star Wars though.

We watched the "Path of the Jedi" episode of Star Wars Rebels after Empire (completely by accident) and it was a perfect follow up. That really is an excellent show.

OSDBoy is now 8 and has seen all 6 movies. We have been watching Star Wars Rebels and really enjoy that as well. FWIW, LEGO Star Wars 30 minute episodes are hilarious.

Back