• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars the Old Republic

Generally, a good healer can make or break a group when it comes to success, especially if something doesn't go to plan. You're pretty powerless in those ohfuck situations if you're dps or tanking imo.

in WoW i felt that this was the case until Cataclysm. When they changed the mechanics, I felt it became much harder to compensate for other people's ineptitude if you were healing than in the previous versions of the game. It is possible that with gear/other patches/people learning how to do encounters, it has gotten easier, but I know I struggled healing when I first hit 85. I have since stopped playing though, so my opinion is probably moot.

i mean, im not mocking or doubting the function. Just hard for me to see how it would be as much fun to play as a Healer

in WoW i felt that this was the case until Cataclysm. When they changed the mechanics, I felt it became much harder to compensate for other people's ineptitude if you were healing than in the previous versions of the game. It is possible that with gear/other patches/people learning how to do encounters, it has gotten easier, but I know I struggled healing when I first hit 85. I have since stopped playing though, so my opinion is probably moot.

Nope that's pretty much on the money. It's gotten much easier as the expansion nears its end.

i mean, im not mocking or doubting the function. Just hard for me to see how it would be as much fun to play as a Healer

Well I'd say I enjoyed it because it's rather unpredictable. Where as a dps or tank you're just following a set priority list or rotation over and over, as a healer you're constantly having to make snap judgments on the best thing to use vs. its cost,how much dmg is incoming, who the heal is going to be cast on, etc.

In a raid boss fight, you're mashing 3 or 4 buttons in rotation, whether you're tanking/dps/healing. The only difference is with tanking and healing if the raid wipes it's your fault.

Back