• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

I interpreted it as an or. Get him to a Jedi or his species.

Sabine on Mandalorian s2 would be interesting. "Wait you guys never take off your helmets? Seems dumb."

Pretty sure ahsoka is going to be the lead in the feige movie. If so filoni would likely be involved (clone wars, rebels etc). That also likely ends up being the Brie Olson movie that is rumored.

Sabine on Mandalorian s2 would be interesting. "Wait you guys never take off your helmets? Seems dumb."

Pretty sure ahsoka is going to be the lead in the feige movie. If so filoni would likely be involved (clone wars, rebels etc). That also likely ends up being the Brie Olson movie that is rumored.

I don't think Disney is ready for a Brie (or Bree) Olson movie yet.

The Monaghan character was distracting, mainly because every time he popped up on screen my daughter whispered "was he Pippin or Merry?"

My wife got tired of me whispering to her, “Not Penny’s boat.”

Star Wars thread (Rise of Skywalker out this week)

I interpreted it as an or. Get him to a Jedi or his species.

That’s fair. I hope it’s the latter. Part of my problem with this latest trilogy is that it was too much of a tribute to old content. Let’s get beskar steel balls deep in the wider canon.

That’s fair. I hope it’s the latter. Part of my problem with this latest trilogy is that it was too much of a tribute to old content. Let’s get beskar steel balls deep in the wider canon.

Go with the Marvel model. It's proven, it works. Wide range of stories featuring characters you've never heard of but if the movie is legit, people will see it anyway.

All the producers have said is the "saga is finished". That doesn't mean there can't be another forty years of movies following Rey's story or the story of another evil threat.

this might be what the mandalorian is (haven't watched yet), but rather than marvel-style superhero stuff, i would love for them to start making somewhat random movies that are set in the same universe and at the same time, keeping them only tangentially related to the plot points we know. e.g. a sweet heist movie set on coruscant or a drama about a rebellion pilot returning home after years of service. the more i write the dumber it sounds.

eta: maybe an actually good example would be if rogue one (which i liked) had been made more stylistically like inception rather than a star wars movie.

Last edited:
Go with the Marvel model. It's proven, it works. Wide range of stories featuring characters you've never heard of but if the movie is legit, people will see it anyway.

Tell good stories with interesting characters is a pretty bold strategy, Cotton.

Yeah. The potential is there to build a broad Lucasfilm Star Wars universe. They just need to go for it.

Interesting thought about the end of The Mandalorian. Mando has to find a Jedi. What Jedi? The ones we know are around are Ezra Bridger (Rebels) and Ahoska (Clone Wars and Rebels). It's possible Season 2 could introduce live versions of Ezra and Sabine Wren, the Mandalorian from Rebels. There's only a 9 year gap between the end of Rebels and The Mandalorian. Sabine would be a very different take on Mandalorians.

Watching the series finale of Rebels with my little one. Thrawn says something like "the rest of the Jedi are beaten, in hiding, or poorly trained children" so there are more out there. Mando, a raw Jedi, and Baby Yoda would make a good show.

If they bring in any of the Rebels characters, I hope they bring in Thrawn with them.

Or give us a Thrawn/Chiss show.

Star Wars thread (Rise of Skywalker out this week)

this might be what the mandalorian is (haven't watched yet), but rather than marvel-style superhero stuff, i would love for them to start making somewhat random movies that are set in the same universe and at the same time, keeping them only tangentially related to the plot points we know. e.g. a sweet heist movie set on coruscant or a drama about a rebellion pilot returning home after years of service. the more i write the dumber it sounds.

eta: maybe an actually good example would be if rogue one (which i liked) had been made more stylistically like inception rather than a star wars movie.

That’s what The Mandalorian is and arguably why it’s so popular. It’s a Star Wars western.

I want Loki to steer the Howard the Duck remake.

In his best favorite TV shows of 2019, NPR's Eric Deggans efficiently distills what works about The Mandalorian and what the Star Wars universe should keep in mind going forward.

https://ericdeggans.tumblr.com/post/189948487616/genre-redefining-narrative-reclaiming-justice
10. The Mandalorian (Disney+). A TV show that stripped away all the things I found so tiresome about the Star Wars universe – dense, nonsensical political stories, awkward romance stuff, situations with stakes so grand they didn’t feel like stakes at all – and replaced it with an action-packed, stripped down story full of surprises and centered on two instantly classic characters: The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda!

Mando was awesome, really enjoyed the series. Saw Skywalker last night and I think I kinda liked it? I enjoyed the Palpatine plot line, while agreeing with others on poor pacing and unnecessary scenes.

Color me unsurprised at the rumors coming out that whatever jj abrams had planned may have been changed over previous response to TLJ and crazy internet fans by the powers that be attempting to avoid the same reaction.
Sounds something like tFA was mostly well recieved, while acknowledging the derivative nature from ANH, while the risks taken in episode 8 and the response to those ways it differs from a "traditional" star wars product scared the people in charge enough to shoe horn changes trying to make it more derivi... palatable to the perceived masses.

They really need someone with vision to make this marionette universe dance. Maybe a combo of Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau should get a few years to helm the universe.

Color me unsurprised at the rumors coming out that whatever jj abrams had planned may have been changed over previous response to TLJ and crazy internet fans by the powers that be attempting to avoid the same reaction.
Sounds something like tFA was mostly well recieved, while acknowledging the derivative nature from ANH, while the risks taken in episode 8 and the response to those ways it differs from a "traditional" star wars product scared the people in charge enough to shoe horn changes trying to make it more derivi... palatable to the perceived masses.

They really need someone with vision to make this marionette universe dance. Maybe a combo of Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau should get a few years to helm the universe.

the comparison to the masterful orchestration of the MCU leading up to Endgame is really telling. They knew exactly what they wanted to do in each movie, they got it done, and it all came together at the end in a generally satisfying way (which also made Disney $$$$Texas). It's stunning to me that in the same big company, which is notorious for being detail oriented and extremely controlling, they let the final trilogy of the Star Wars saga be controlled by the whim of the directors - or at least that's what it ended up looking like from the outside.

Back