• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Jesus titty fucking Christ, Rise of Skywalker is so bad. I remember hating it in the theater, and rewatching it yesterday, I hated it even more. What a goddamn waste.

I rewatched ROS and, despite not hating it on my first viewing, it is by far the weakest of the new trilogy. As ATS said, they really could not have screwed it up more by not having a planned storyline and by having more than one director. I would have like to have see what Rian Johnson did with all three movies. I guess we will get that chance, and I am really happy Waititi is directing a movie. Hopefully, they are moving in the right direction.

Including all of the new movies, my rank is:

TLJ
Rogue
TFA
ROS
Solo

What do you like about TLJ so much?

I don't dislike it overall but it seems like half of the movie is great and half is awful.

The great parts were: 1) Luke's struggle 2) Luke and Rey 3) Rey and Kylo 4) the scene where they killed Snoke, though I wish he hadn't died 5) Luke's return

The awful parts were: 1) Finn and Rose and their adventure- ALL of it 2) Holdo and Poe's conflict 3) that Leia didn't die when her ship was destroyed 4) that Rose didn't die saving Finn 5) Luke should have been really there for the battle with Kylo Ren

I don't agree with your awful parts list, other than the Finn and Rose adventure (not as bad as other people think it was). I didn't mind the Leia float. I don't have the Rose hate, and I liked how they handled the Luke/Ren ending. I loved the parts you mentioned that were the great parts (and I would include the light speed ship missile), and that the movie wasn't just fan service. I actually don't really love any of them, just think TLJ was the best and most original.

I don't agree with your awful parts list, other than the Finn and Rose adventure (not as bad as other people think it was). I didn't mind the Leia float. I don't have the Rose hate, and I liked how they handled the Luke/Ren ending. I loved the parts you mentioned that were the great parts (and I would include the light speed ship missile), and that the movie wasn't just fan service. I actually don't really love any of them, just think TLJ was the best and most original.

I didn't hate Rose. I just thought it would have been more powerful to have her sacrifice herself to save Finn, especially since they didn't really use her in ROS.

They didn't really use her in ROS because people hated Rose.

It definitely is the most organically. TFA was like a shot for shot remake of ANH and ROS was just a mess.

Watching the first episode of the BTS Mandalorian series confirmed that Dave Filoni should be at the creative helm of the Star Wars franchise.

They didn't really use her in ROS because people hated Rose.

This. Disney bent at the knee to MAGA idiots and retconned the entirety of TLJ within the first 10 mins of ROS. Next time, trust creators over gamer fanboy donks.

This. Disney bent at the knee to MAGA idiots and retconned the entirety of TLJ within the first 10 mins of ROS. Next time, trust creators over gamer fanboy donks.

Well said.

Look at Lilburn’s post. He basically had a problem with any woman besides Rey being in a position of leadership.

I'm excitedly anxious to see how Ahsoka works in live action. Probably recency bias with the ending arc of Clone Wars, but IMO she's the best character in Star Wars.

During quarantine, I've been playing through KOTOR and KOTOR2 again for the first time since they came out on xbox original. Those games are wicked siiiiiiiick.

Well said.

Look at Lilburn’s post. He basically had a problem with any woman besides Rey being in a position of leadership.

You are clueless if you think that is what I was saying.

What were you saying?

That since they marginalized both Rose and Leia in ROS, it would have strengthened Rose's character if she had died saving Finn in TLJ. Which is hindsight, of course. And since Carrie Fisher died before TLJ came out, it would have made sense for Leia to die when Kylo Ren blew up her ship rather than try to force her into ROS where she died anyway. That would have made Ren's character redemption even more powerful, having killed both his parents.

Basically, while I had some problems with TLJ, what Abrams tried to do when he took over ROS made those problems stand out even more. I would have liked to see Rian Johnson's version of the final film. I think that he would have used Rose more and had a more fitting ending for Leia.

Last edited:
That since they marginalized both Rose and Leia in ROS, it would have strengthened Rose's character if she had died saving Finn in TLJ. Which is hindsight, of course. And since Carrie Fisher died before TLJ came out, it would have made sense for Leia to die when Kylo Ren blew up her ship rather than try to force her into ROS where she died anyway. That would have made Ren's character redemption even more powerful, having killed both his parents.

Basically, while I had some problems with TLJ, what Abrams tried to do when he took over ROS made those problems stand out even more. I would have liked to see Rian Johnson's version of the final film. I think that he would have used Rose more and had a more fitting ending for Leia.

It feels like they shoehorned Leia into ROS because they wanted one of the original three to die in each of the new movies. Han, then Luke, then Leia. Which is dumb.

Well they didn't shoehorn Leia into ROS. They had to quickly take her out. All indications are that she was going to be one of the lead characters a la Han in TFA and Luke in TLJ but she died.

Robert Rodriguez is directing an episode of The Mandalorian Season 2. The actor who played Yango Fett in the prequels is in Season 2, possibly as Boba Fett.

Episode 2 of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian dropped today. The first ep was about directing. The second ep was about George Lucas' legacy. In the last 7 minutes, Dave Filoni gave this passionate yet erudite breakdown of George Lucas' vision for The Phantom Menace that was so throughout and meaningful that it made me want to actually rewatch The Phantom Menace. Then he connected the Duel of Fates at the end of TPM to the final battle of Return of the Jedi in a way that brought a small tear to my eye. Filoni really needs to be the Feige of the Star Wars Universe.

Robert Rodriguez is directing an episode of The Mandalorian Season 2. The actor who played Jango Fett in the prequels is in Season 2, possibly as Boba Fett.

Episode 2 of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian dropped today. The first ep was about directing. The second ep was about George Lucas' legacy. In the last 7 minutes, Dave Filoni gave this passionate yet erudite breakdown of George Lucas' vision for The Phantom Menace that was so throughout and meaningful that it made me want to actually rewatch The Phantom Menace. Then he connected the Duel of Fates at the end of TPM to the final battle of Return of the Jedi in a way that brought a small tear to my eye. Filoni really needs to be the Feige of the Star Wars Universe.

FIFY

Remember that time in TLJ when one character was flying in his a plane and another character saw him and thought he was in trouble so she flew her plane right into his and they both crashed because she thought that’d be a good way to save him? And then it actually worked. Lol. Good stuff.

Back