• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Remember that time in TLJ when one character was flying in his a plane and another character saw him and thought he was in trouble so she flew her plane right into his and they both crashed because she thought that’d be a good way to save him? And then it actually worked. Lol. Good stuff.

writing !

Would they be saying that Boba Fett didn't die in ROTJ?? or some sort of flashback?

We don't actually see him die, to be fair, and dude is a badass, so maybe he figured out how to defeat the sarlac and escape?

We don't actually see him die, to be fair, and dude is a badass, so maybe he figured out how to defeat the sarlac and escape?

I think that’s actually what happened in the EU, but we’d need a bigger nerd than me to verify.

He could also be playing literally any of the surviving clones. Do we know if Rex made it through the rebellion? I could see him showing up with Ahsoka. That would be really cool.

It’s a small role apparently. I would hope Rex would be a larger role but whatever. It would be great to see Rex as the war weary last surviving clone.

I could see Mando coming across him and Rex directs him to Ashoka and hopefully Ezra.

It’s a small role apparently. I would hope Rex would be a larger role but whatever. It would be great to see Rex as the war weary last surviving clone.

I could see Mando coming across him and Rex directs him to Ashoka and hopefully Ezra.

I read somewhere today that the appearance of Ahsoka and Sabine are supposed to kick off the plot for the Rebels sequel. Would think Rex fits in there. Ahsoka is supposed to just be in one episode of the season, so it would make sense that Rex is just there for a minute.

The Rebels sequel? I was not aware of this.

I googled it and there was an interview with Filoni basically saying there could be something Rebels related in the future maybe somehow. Now that is some shit a showrunner says before an announcement, but that tweet seems like it's just being very hopeful. I haven't seen anything legit about Sabine showing up in the Mandalorian. WGTC is saying WWE wrestler Sasha Banks is playing her, but WGTC is among the worst at making up rumors to drive clicks.

Robert Rodriguez is directing an episode of The Mandalorian Season 2. The actor who played Yango Fett in the prequels is in Season 2, possibly as Boba Fett.

Episode 2 of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian dropped today. The first ep was about directing. The second ep was about George Lucas' legacy. In the last 7 minutes, Dave Filoni gave this passionate yet erudite breakdown of George Lucas' vision for The Phantom Menace that was so throughout and meaningful that it made me want to actually rewatch The Phantom Menace. Then he connected the Duel of Fates at the end of TPM to the final battle of Return of the Jedi in a way that brought a small tear to my eye. Filoni really needs to be the Feige of the Star Wars Universe.

Watched with my daughter last night. That Filoni description you mention is really insightful. Dare I say lovely. Really captures his vision for and understanding of the universe. Also provides a deeper understanding of what Lucas was going for. He may have swung and missed with jar jar, for instance, but I better understand why he was included.

Yeah. Lovely is a good way to put it.

And I think the specific themes that Filoni said Lucas was trying to get across would have been much stronger with an older Anakin in Ep 1 who played him throughout. And perhaps have Anakin be locked in behind those doors so he can see the battle as opposed to what they actually had him to in the movie. Build a parallel between Qui Gon's battle with Maul and Obi Wan's battle with Vader in Ep 4 as well.

Sounds like it’s definitely going to be the search for Ezra crew in that episode. I’m cool with it.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars, and it’s interesting that what was supposed to be the first few episodes of the series got rushed into an awful movie while the end of the series ended up being essentially an excellent movie.

I started back watching Clone Wars Monday night. I think I'm going to stick with it now. I never really got into it at the beginning because I liked Genndy Tartakovsky's series and heard the movie wasn't that good. Then once it got to Netflix, I couldn't get past the really annoying "Roger, Roger" droid crap. Young Ahsoka's voice is really annoying as well. Next episode for me features Jar Jar so I guess I have to power through it. Everyone keeps saying it's so good.

Looks like the Mandalorian will have two dominant plot lines. Search for Jedi and dealing with Moff Gideon and the lightsaber. Going to rewatch The Mandalorian at some point before the new season as well. Word is it has not been delayed at all, so it should be premiering in October. I imagine the last episode of Gallery will feature a trailer and debut date.

I started back watching Clone Wars Monday night. I think I'm going to stick with it now. I never really got into it at the beginning because I liked Genndy Tartakovsky's series and heard the movie wasn't that good. Then once it got to Netflix, I couldn't get past the really annoying "Roger, Roger" droid crap. Young Ahsoka's voice is really annoying as well. Next episode for me features Jar Jar so I guess I have to power through it. Everyone keeps saying it's so good.

Looks like the Mandalorian will have two dominant plot lines. Search for Jedi and dealing with Moff Gideon and the lightsaber. Going to rewatch The Mandalorian at some point before the new season as well. Word is it has not been delayed at all, so it should be premiering in October. I imagine the last episode of Gallery will feature a trailer and debut date.

You never watched it? You have to suffer through season 1. It really takes it a while to find its footing, and there are bad episodes throughout the series, but it’s highs are sky high.

It really unlocks the the prequels and Rebels.

And Maul. If I’m thankful to Filoni for anything it’s Ahsoka and redeeming Maul. He was such a force in TPM then nothing.

And Maul. If I’m thankful to Filoni for anything it’s Ahsoka and redeeming Maul. He was such a force in TPM then nothing.

One revelation from Filoni's wonderful take from Gallery is that George Lucas made the call to unkill Maul. So props for that. He was excellent in Rebels and promising at the end of Solo.

We're watching the final season of clone wars. Prob 5 - 6 eps left. Ahsoka remains awesome.

So is it preferable to watch The Clone Wars before Rebels? Or does it matter?

Back