• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Star Wars thread (Mandalorian S2 coming soon)

No one can say that was a filler.

Question for those that have watched the various animated shows - how much did someone miss out on in "The Jedi" by not knowing anything else about Ahsoka other than that she was Anakin's padawan?

The best answer is it depends. You miss a lot because she’s a character in Star Wars with as much time on screen as just about anyone else at this point. Her origin story is important in the context of both Mando and the Child for starters. The context of who she was searching for is pretty significant in the Rebels storyline too. Her relationship with Bo Katan is really rich and complicated too.

That being said, you won’t be without the information you need for this show. It’s similar to the Dark Saber. It’s a hell of a lot cooler knowing the background.

Last edited:
I read the Zahn trilogy so I'm familiar with the last reference. I guess I need to find some sort of cliff notes about her since I'm over 200 episodes behind on the animated shows and have no intention to catch up.

I read the Zahn trilogy so I'm familiar with the last reference. I guess I need to find some sort of cliff notes about her since I'm over 200 episodes behind on the animated shows and have no intention to catch up.

Honestly watch the last season of the clone wars and then watch rebels. They are both excellent.

Thrawn was functionally rebooted after Disney bought the franchise through Rebels. I don’t think much about him was changed though.

Ahsoka’s primary function is that she unlocks Anakin more than any other character.

She’s also got a really interesting relationship with the Jedi order.

I'm very tempted for Rebels after I saw a clip of Obi Wan's final fight with... that guy. There was no duel in the movies comparable to that.

So that sounds like a reasonable compromise, last season of Clone Wars then Rebels.

I'm very tempted for Rebels after I saw a clip of Obi Wan's final fight with... that guy. There was no duel in the movies comparable to that.

So that sounds like a reasonable compromise, last season of Clone Wars then Rebels.

Rebels didn’t hook me right away. Give it several episodes. It grows on you. Filoni is also connecting a lot of dots between that series and this show.

The last season of Clone Wars, particularly the last few episodes (Siege of Mandalore) is extraordinary television.

My biggest gripe with the Clone Wars is that there are some truly awful episodes and the volume of the show is really high. Their peaks are excellent. Rebels is consistently a better narrative throughout.

Star Wars thread (Mandalorian S2 coming soon)

Is there a good guide of what to watch and what to skip in Clone Wars? I tried to watch the whole thing and it was tough to stay interested.

Last edited:
Siege of Mandalore is the last 4 eps of s7 clone wars. Very good.

There are a multitude of "critical clone wars episode" lists. Pick the one that seems reasonable time wise. Ahsoka had a critical few eps late season 5 if I recall. clone wars was really about anakin as a complex character and how/why he ended up turning.

This ep had backstory for the child, name drop, good battle(s) potential direction (spin off??), hinting at... another??

As others said filoni (prod, writer, director of this ep and others) created the clone wars and rebels and is integral to the mandalorian. If you have not watched the gallery show post season 1 he gives a... dare I say beautiful... explanation for what the prequel trilogy was trying to show with anakin's arc.

re: gallery it was the 1st or 2nd ep. Worth the watch for that bit of geek out. Think ph?? has mentioned it before.

Yeah I mentioned it. I'm pretty sure it was at the end of the episode about George Lucas' legacy. I may go watch it again after this Oregon-Oregon State game.

Today's ep was fantastic. The visuals were amazing. I love how they can introduce a "new" character while tell you what you need to know while encouraging you to look for more. The casting was great all around. I'm grateful to the boards and social media overall for not spoiling the big reveals of this ep.

That was a great ep. Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked all over your grave.

RIP giant.

Another good Mandalorian episode. Some answers, some movement forward. Grogu! Nice fan service. 2 more episodes and can't wait to see what happens.

I enjoy the filming and action scenes of the Mandalorian, but the individual plots from episode to episode are straight out of 35 years ago.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, a crack mercenary was chased
by bounty hunters for a crime he didn't commit.
This man promptly escaped from Mos Eisly
to the outer rim underground.
Today, still wanted by the Empire, he survives as a soldier of fortune.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him...
maybe you can hire The Mandalorian.

I got a nerd boner with this last episode for sure. I'm finding this season to be a lot more enjoyable than the first. Bigger budget and generally more focused.

I didn't expect him to show his face this soon. I thought the actor was going to leave because they wouldn't let him show his face.

I didn't expect him to show his face this soon. I thought the actor was going to leave because they wouldn't let him show his face.

Really? I know last season he did a lot of other projects and wasn’t behind the mask as often as you’d think. His stunt actors do a ton of the work.

Really? I know last season he did a lot of other projects and wasn’t behind the mask as often as you’d think. His stunt actors do a ton of the work.

Back