• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

There absolutely were rumors he was upset not showing his face. Even rumored he left the set and just did voice over work. Maybe the bo katan reveal that Mando was involved with a splinter group that won't remove their masks was the beginning of appeasing him. Maybe the rumors were overblown.

There’s a lot to unpack from this episode. I wonder if they’ll address that those clearly weren’t pirates and most likely indigenous peoples trying to stop imperial occupation.

I also thought it was weird that Cara saw that level of sharpshooting and just let him go. I figured she’d recruit him. I’d be all for Bill Burr playing a wisecracking imp turned ranger of the New Republic.

Side kick in the cara dune spinoff? Not that I'm a big fan of her character.

0% chance of a spinoff starring Gina Carano. She's a bit toxic at the moment. Even Rosario Dawson gets grumbling online whenever she's mentioned. Not saying Dawson does or doesn't deserve it (Carano does).

If you're a fan of Robot Chicken, specifically Boba Fett on RC, this is pretty great

The toxic stuff happened after the season was filmed so just saying they may have been setting that up. Who knows.

Star Wars thread (Mandalorian S2 coming soon)

Yeah. I like her character. Props to the poster who has had a Gina Carano gif for years. I don’t like the anti-mask tweets though.

They didn’t have to make those announcements but they did. Those episodes were obvious spin-offs.

I like how they’ve gradually shown Mando losing his belief in the creed throughout the season.

Last edited:
I didn't expect him to show his face this soon. I thought the actor was going to leave because they wouldn't let him show his face.

Why have a mustache if he can't show his face to anyone? Does he take off his helmet and shave a mustache, because he thinks it looks good on himself, even though no one will see it?

I loled pretty hard at Bill Burr's Office Space reference.

I loled pretty hard at Bill Burr's Office Space reference.

yeah that was good stuff. i even laughed at the "blaster is out of ammo - throw gun" joke. this show has a way of getting away with using tired tropes but making it enjoyable.

I am glad I watch the show with my 13 year old so he can explain Operation Cinder to me and I don't have to look it up. He was also irrationally excited to see Slave I use seismic charges.

I didn’t realize Operation Cinder was something already portrayed in canon. Favreau and Filoni are really uniting different parts of the Star Wars canon. The sequel films couldn’t even do that with each other.

Here’s an explanation:

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...n-cinder-and-why-is-it-important-in-star-wars

Basically the Emperor ordered his loyalists to conduct a scorched earth campaign upon his death. Then four years later (in real time) he game back in Rise of Skywalker anyway.

I didn’t realize Operation Cinder was something already portrayed in canon. Favreau and Filoni are really uniting different parts of the Star Wars canon. The sequel films couldn’t even do that with each other.

Here’s an explanation:

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...n-cinder-and-why-is-it-important-in-star-wars

Basically the Emperor ordered his loyalists to conduct a scorched earth campaign upon his death. Then four years later (in real time) he game back in Rise of Skywalker anyway.

My son knew about it from playing Battlefront II

Why have a mustache if he can't show his face to anyone? Does he take off his helmet and shave a mustache, because he thinks it looks good on himself, even though no one will see it?

i love this post

I still shave like every other day even though I leave home maybe 2 or 3 times a month.

The real question is why not have a mustache?

Can't give a mustache ride without one?

Carano is a terrible actress (and was well before her dumb tweets). She and Burr should start their own incel-approved spin off with Sorbo and James Woods.

I have no problem with Carano except that she appears to be thicker this season. Like distractingly so. Did she get pregnant or just way out of fighting shape?

As for the mustache, which has always been remarkably bad for a high-profile face, you'd actually think he'd have more of a beard thing going on as infrequently as he takes off that helmet.

Back