• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Bz - Midseason Report

#BuzzIn or #BuzzOut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These are people that were too proud to register, but secretly lurked without signing in. Now, they don't have that option and are forced to mingle with us cretins.

Ha. Good point...probably the entire population of Scout posters who had to register to read.

Proud of the team for the W's but I remain cynical bc these stats pop out to me.... Wake shot over 50% rom the field on Saturday to barely pull away from a sub-par BC team, UVA shot 36% and we barely got the W on Wednesday.On the positive side I do see a talented basketball team with a lot of heart and fight.

Of the 58 Buzzin voters, 18 have ZERO posts, another 5-6 look to have 5-20 posts, and there are a few recognizable parodies as well (OldGoldandGrobe, etc). Either Moonz is busy logging in/out or the AD is working overtime now that we have a few wins over crap teams.

Yes votes with Zero posts:
deacfromnc
deacon85
deaconswin
GoDeacs08
guy
mcarr
Meisterburger
oldgold65
oldschoolrules
ronmexico
SaffaDeac
wfmoll
Wheredeac
AnonymousDeac225
baywooddeac
AppDeac
cajunking
cashat1

Gotta respect the classic "Ron Mexico". That was my bowling league name for years.

There really should be a way to stop parodies/multiple-identities from voting. It should be one person - one vote. If you are going to let the AD use the system to manipulate public opinion on the supposedly independent board...

There really should be a way to stop parodies/multiple-identities from voting. It should be one person - one vote. If you are going to let the AD use the system to manipulate public opinion on the supposedly independent board...

Yes, my conspiracy theory takes hold!!

innanep.jpg

Of the 58 Buzzin voters, 18 have ZERO posts, another 5-6 look to have 5-20 posts, and there are a few recognizable parodies as well (OldGoldandGrobe, etc). Either Moonz is busy logging in/out or the AD is working overtime now that we have a few wins over crap teams.

Yes votes with Zero posts:
deacfromnc
deacon85
deaconswin
GoDeacs08
guy
mcarr
Meisterburger
oldgold65
oldschoolrules
ronmexico
SaffaDeac
wfmoll
Wheredeac
AnonymousDeac225
baywooddeac
AppDeac
cajunking
cashat1

LOL at some of these parodies.

I'm not voting. I don't think I really understand the two categories. Or maybe they just don't apply to me.

Bz is the coach of our team. I've seen no reason to hate the man. I think some of the criticism he receives from our fans is reasonable. But some of it is, IMO still--though I've mostly stopped trying to express it, ill considered and shameful. I'm a fan, not an expert. Never been a coach or AD. I pull for my team to play well and I'm happy when they do and not so happy when they don't. But it's sports. It's a distraction or diversion for me, not something I hold to be actually that important. Though I imagine it is pretty important to those playing and coaching.

If he doesn't get it done, he won't last as our coach. If he does, I'll be happy for him and our players and fans. In the meantime, I'm still pulling for my team and those who put their lives into trying to help them be the best they can.

No...not sure he'll get us where we'd like to be. But I think our team is (more) fun to watch this year. So far. And we're playing better (generally) and I think more as a team than I recall over his first two years here.

If all this makes me BuzzIn or LOWF, whatever. Not really sure I'd agree, but maybe we must have our labels.

I'm not voting. I don't think I really understand the two categories. Or maybe they just don't apply to me.

Bz is the coach of our team. I've seen no reason to hate the man. I think some of the criticism he receives from our fans is reasonable. But some of it is, IMO still--though I've mostly stopped trying to express it, ill considered and shameful. I'm a fan, not an expert. Never been a coach or AD. I pull for my team to play well and I'm happy when they do and not so happy when they don't. But it's sports. It's a distraction or diversion for me, not something I hold to be actually that important. Though I imagine it is pretty important to those playing and coaching.

If he doesn't get it done, he won't last as our coach. If he does, I'll be happy for him and our players and fans. In the meantime, I'm still pulling for my team and those who put their lives into trying to help them be the best they can.

No...not sure he'll get us where we'd like to be. But I think our team is (more) fun to watch this year. So far. And we're playing better (generally) and I think more as a team than I recall over his first two years here.

If all this makes me BuzzIn or LOWF, whatever. Not really sure I'd agree, but maybe we must have our labels.

Do you think Jeff [Redacted] should be our head coach? Yes or no?

Do you think Jeff [Redacted] should be our head coach? Yes or no?

Today? As is should he have ever been hired? Or should be fired this instant? Or let go at the end of the season if certain benchmarks are not met?

He is our coach. I'm pulling for the whole team, coaches included. You keep it simple your way, I'll keep it simple my way.

Proud of the team for the W's but I remain cynical bc these stats pop out to me.... Wake shot over 50% rom the field on Saturday to barely pull away from a sub-par BC team, UVA shot 36% and we barely got the W on Wednesday.On the positive side I do see a talented basketball team with a lot of heart and fight.

When you consider where we are relative to these two teams then it doesn't really matter what it takes to win, it just matters that we won.

Perhaps that's your point though.

I see the writing on the wall. He'll do enough this season for Wellman to keep him on. We'll be better next season and there will be more BzzIn. Then, in two years we make the dance, crash and burn but we are headed in the right direction. We keep Bzz forgetting that Dino did the same shit in his sleep, but no matter. Bzz gets an extension and then we go 6-12 the following season in the ACC. Seton Hall here we come.

No way we are better with no one to score like CJ.

Back