• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State@Wake perfect storm or Bzz saves job

We just dont match up well with them. Devin on Howell is a concern because Howell will take it right to him. If Devin picks up a couple of quick fouls like he did down at Clemson, then we are forced to counter with Cav and the rout will be on. Moto on Leslie is a bit more favorable for us. Moto is one of our best on-ball defenders. He gives up a few inches, but is strong and plays good position D. Leslie has quick feet and likes to drive. If Moto can take away the penetration and consistently block out to keep Leslie off the O-boards, we should be ok there. Travis will have to stay inside Scottie Wood's jersey all night. If you give Wood just a glimmer of an opening, he can go off.

Many are clamoring for Tree on Wood (that was just fun to type!). Anyway, we should be careful what we wish for ... in this case Tree has made quite a few spectacular stat-sheet-stuffing plays in limited minutes which has understandably made him a fan favorite. However, he gambles on D and sometimes just plain gets lost with his defensive assignment. Several of his steals have come when he was cheating off his guy. If he plays that way against Wood, he will absolutely be torched. Since neither are very strong, if he could stay glued to Wood then he could be effective. That would require significant on-court discipline which he has not demonstrated consistently to this point.

On offense, Travis will be the key to our success. If Wood is on him, Trav needs to post low and take it to him. Brown will probably have CJ, and Brown tends to give CJ a lot of problems.

If we are able to keep this one close, I will be quite pleasantly surprised.

Devin and Cav will foul out. Moto will be holding down the 5 (lol) when they finally call the dogs off.

We just dont match up well with them. Devin on Howell is a concern because Howell will take it right to him. If Devin picks up a couple of quick fouls like he did down at Clemson, then we are forced to counter with Cav and the rout will be on. Moto on Leslie is a bit more favorable for us. Moto is one of our best on-ball defenders. He gives up a few inches, but is strong and plays good position D. Leslie has quick feet and likes to drive. If Moto can take away the penetration and consistently block out to keep Leslie off the O-boards, we should be ok there. Travis will have to stay inside Scottie Wood's jersey all night. If you give Wood just a glimmer of an opening, he can go off.

Many are clamoring for Tree on Wood (that was just fun to type!). Anyway, we should be careful what we wish for ... in this case Tree has made quite a few spectacular stat-sheet-stuffing plays in limited minutes which has understandably made him a fan favorite. However, he gambles on D and sometimes just plain gets lost with his defensive assignment. Several of his steals have come when he was cheating off his guy. If he plays that way against Wood, he will absolutely be torched. Since neither are very strong, if he could stay glued to Wood then he could be effective. That would require significant on-court discipline which he has not demonstrated consistently to this point.

On offense, Travis will be the key to our success. If Wood is on him, Trav needs to post low and take it to him. Brown will probably have CJ, and Brown tends to give CJ a lot of problems.

And don't you just love our pathetic new standards? BzBall, baby!

1/8/11 N.C. State 90, Wake Forest 69 (@Raleigh, N.C.)

2/13/11 N.C. State 80, Wake Forest 55 (@Winston-Salem, N.C.)

1/14/12 N.C. State 76, Wake Forest 40 (@Winston-Salem, N.C.)

2/4/12 N.C. State 87, Wake Forest 76 (@Raleigh, N.C.)

If for nothing else, I would love to beat State to screw up their ESPN Game Day atmosphere for saturday.

Unfortunately, I still fear a big double digit loss coming tonight.

PROVE US ALL WRONG BABY DEACS! LET'S GET THIS HOME WIN TONIGHT!

And don't you just love our pathetic new standards? BzBall, baby!

Clearly not a standard, just a statement that I dont enjoy seeing the Deacs blown out. Pleasantly surprised means that I expect us to get our ass handed to us by a superior State team and will not be happy if that happens (again) ... but I understand the point you were trying to make.

NCSU's Bobby Lutz has Bz's #...outcome will be just as predictable as last year...the pain continues...

I think i will go to this. This will be entertaining.

Real question is does bzz shake hands with eye contact after the loss?

My version of the gold rush

j98rwk.png

If we're counting on Travis for his defense, then the game is already down the tubes. Travis is good at many things; defense is not one of them.

The information on Tree and Moto is very interesting, Baby. Thanks for sharing. It explains why Moto and Tree get such different minutes. Hopefully Tree can mature a bit on the court so that he can see some more playing time. As we saw with Ty Walker, gambling defenders with good stats doesn't really translate to good team defense.

All of this being said, anything south of 20-point-loss would be a surprise to me.

- State plays like crap against Clemson but still wins
- Play UNC next - huge rivalry game
- Wake - trap game
- CJ two bad games on the road wants to make amends at home
- Devin is producing offense in the post

Wake shocks the Wolfpack with a 1 point win (after leading by 10 in the second half), simultaneously spreading joy and horror across the Wake Forest Nation.

Amazing call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back