• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State@Wake perfect storm or Bzz saves job

While I thought we did have a great shot at beating VT, and I acknowledge that State has been playing down to the level of its competition, I too cringe at out match up against State. We've been doing better on the boards recently, but I don't see that happening here. I'm thinking double digit loss.

not only is it a tuesday, it is the first one in a long time where they have classes...so... #donions

So wait... someone thought we could win this?

We lost to Nebraska.

- State plays like crap against Clemson but still wins
- Play UNC next - huge rivalry game
- Wake - trap game
- CJ two bad games on the road wants to make amends at home
- Devin is producing offense in the post

Wake shocks the Wolfpack with a 1 point win (after leading by 10 in the second half), simultaneously spreading joy and horror across the Wake Forest Nation.

What is not shocking is that is the exact scenario that I am concerned with. It could easily happen.

Bzz does not have to "save his job." We all know wellman is all in. Both are back next year or both are gone.

I could see Leslie letting a defender like Moto take him out of his game. Devin has held his own against harder working players than what State will throw at him - plus they don't rebound the ball all that well considering the talent they have and for once we won't be out-sized minus maybe Wood's spot. They just gave up 27 points to Booker and only beat Clemson because Brownell completely botched the end of their game.

Agree that Rountree against Scott Wood is an absolute no-brainer. Cav will be in over his head against this kind of team, but Codi and CJ should have a lot of opportunities. If Chase sees the floor without Tyler Lewis being out there he's gonna have a bad time.

Either way, this is one of those games that a hard working, smart team can win despite NC State being more talented. Should be a good chance to test [Redacted] coming off what should have been a win against VTech.

we struggled with state when they sucked and we were good. no way is this close. state by 22.

State looked like crap against MD and Clemson. They're too good to string together three crappy games.

I'm too lazy to put in any additional analysis. The Tobacco Road winless streak continues for Bz. #BuzzOut

Cav on Leslie..... LOL.

If Buzz wants any chance of keeping this game close, he has to go with Tree and Madison as the only reserves getting significant minutes. Match Moto up with Leslie and hope Moto doesn't get in foul trouble nor shoot from the outside. Cav cannot enter the game if he is going to be matched up against Howell or Leslie. Chase should never take off his warmups for the game.

Should be a good chance to test [Redacted] coming off what should have been a win against VTech.

Nice. I'm glad that our coach will finally get tested. He has just been rolling over the cupcakes on the schedule up to this point!

Back