• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State was impressive, even in a loss

Fusiondad10

Reaction score
Just wondering what folks thought of State tonight. I thought they were impressive, even in a loss. Their defense was very, very good. They were well coached throughout. They were motivated. Their offense was well coached and found success.

I'm always surprised how we have so many wake fans who predict outcomes before they ever see a team play, us included. I hadn't watched State this year to date, and i know that they didn't impress v Richmond. But tonight they looked good enough to beat us badly again. Hard to imagine our offense against their defense. Just sayin....

Their pass rush is going to dominate our O-Line. Plus half of BB&T will be filled with State fans. State by 10.

Their offense was not good.

Defense was much better than expected though. Got good pressure and threw Boyd off his game a little.

NCSU receivers looked huge on TV, as did their O and D lines. They gonna have a good season.

I wan't real impressed with State. Clemson played pretty bad and still dominated the game, even when they were going three and out. State will beat us by 20.

They are better coached than under O'Brien. They also have some excellent athletes. Underwood can fly and the freshman #1 looked to be very good. But I was most impressed with their pass rush.

Tanner will be on the turf a great deal.

I was definitely impressed by what I saw last night. They do need to work on all of their pre-snap motion as they were hit with numerous false start penalties last night as a result.

Did they ever get to use the play where the entire line was on one hash and the center/qb were on the other?

Did they ever get to use the play where the entire line was on one hash and the center/qb were on the other?

I saw them line up with just 3 offensive linemen in the middle of the field once, but naturally there was a false start and I didn't see that formation again.

Their defensive line will dominate our offensive line and that is all it will take I'm afraid.

NCSU receivers looked huge on TV, as did their O and D lines. They gonna have a good season.

La Tech and Richmond in the rearview mirror, Directional Michigan U up next. Only four total away games, two of which are Wake and Duke. I can't recall an easier schedule for an ACC team. Even with a QB injury, it should be hard not to make a bowl game with that kind of lineup.

Unless you're us.

I look forward to tau's post telling us all how awesome State is

Can you imagine what Clemson would have done to us last night? Oh yeah. I watched it last year.

State, with much better teams, has not won at WF in 12 years. Phillip Rivers and Russell Wilson went 0 for Groves/BBT.

State, with much better teams, has not won at WF in 12 years. Phillip Rivers and Russell Wilson went 0 for Groves/BBT.

Yeah, but so far this looks like by far the worst Wake team they will face at Groves/BB&T in those 12 years.

The consensus opinion on previous iterations of this Board was that WF would lose to State almost everyone of those years. State's offensive struggled all night against a mediocre Clemson D. State needed a last second FG to beat Richmond. They are, as always, very beatable.

Everyone is so down on WF right now that the perceived difference between the two programs is really skewed.

Back