• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stephen King World Mafia - Closed

And the mafia safe claims would all be the main characters from the civ faction.

The safe claims in his game were perfect. The role you claim should not make me more or less likely to believe your claim. That makes the thing a claim off rather than a game of mafia.

The safe claims in his game were perfect. The role you claim should not make me more or less likely to believe your claim. That makes the thing a claim off rather than a game of mafia.

I’m picking on him, but I kinda disagree. What’s the point of a theme mafia if the theme doesn’t make some sense?

I’m picking on him, but I kinda disagree. What’s the point of a theme mafia if the theme doesn’t make some sense?

lol in what way did my theme not make sense? I had character roles/powers in mind that I wanted to lineup and I couldn't think of a good one for Iron Man so it made sense to put in the safe claim pool.

lol in what way did my theme not make sense? I had character roles/powers in mind that I wanted to lineup and I couldn't think of a good one for Iron Man so it made sense to put in the safe claim pool.

I guess I feel in Avengers mafia, the Avengers should be civ. Give the mafia good safe claims in the extended pool. Spider-man, Black Panther, Ant-man. Those are all good safe claims that aren't Avengers level.

I thought the safe claims were good. Especially given the nature for the game. It isn't like you were running a Die Hard mafia game and made John McClane a safe claim. The Avengers are a large group... if all of them are definitely in the game, that is a significant portion of the players that can clear themselves right off the bat.

I guess I feel in Avengers mafia, the Avengers should be civ. Give the mafia good safe claims in the extended pool. Spider-man, Black Panther, Ant-man. Those are all good safe claims that aren't Avengers level.

If all Avengers are civ then mafia gets hurt because Avengers claims are automatically telling the truth. That's why Iron Man and Hulk were safe claims.

McLane as a safe is great game design.

Yes. Safe claims are too underpowered in general. Refusing to vote for someone because "they claimed X, that character must be in the game!" isn't mafia anymore. There should never be a character that we are 100% sure is in the game before the game starts, unless the OP explicitly calls it out.

Mafia can claim anything, safe or not. Just like they can claim cop in a vanilla game.

If the available safeclaims aren't as believable as the (civ) claimed roles, they're not safe claims.

Doesn’t mean you don’t give good clams. That’s not what I’m saying. This is a difference in how we envision the overall game concept in theme games.

Maybe for the Stephen King game, make Randall Flagg and Cujo civs. That way names don’t matter. But then, it just doesn’t match the idea of a theme.

Last edited:
Back