• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Like many of you I'm old enough to remember when you could finish below .500 in league play and still get in. Still can't fathom the reality that 13-7 doesn't get it done.

We still have Q1 opportunities left as things now stand: @Pitt, @Duke, @UVA, vs Duke and @Virginia Tech.

Obviously, things could change with the rankings, but we have opportunities to pick up wins that would help the resume.

Is it just me or do off-the-ball screens and back-cuts have very little place in the Forbes-fense? For running a motion offense, we often seem to lack, you know, motion.

There are also 49 new teams playing Division I basketball that weren't playing 25 years ago, it's a lot easier to fuck up your metrics with OOC scheduling than it was back when all you needed was to go .500 in the ACC to make the tournament.

I’m old enough to remember when we just cared about seeding for Wake. Not if we would make the tournament. This just sucks out loud
Be sure to send your thank you note to Ron Wellman for razing the program with [Redacted] and then salting the earth with Manning. But I do think some of the point in "historically competitive" was to permanently lower the standard that defines success for Wake's basketball program.

There are also 49 new teams playing Division I basketball that weren't playing 25 years ago, it's a lot easier to fuck up your metrics with OOC scheduling than it was back when all you needed was to go .500 in the ACC to make the tournament.
And plenty more teams in high major conferences.

Be sure to send your thank you note to Ron Wellman for razing the program with [Redacted] and then salting the earth with Manning. But I do think some of the point in "historically competitive" was to permanently lower the standard that defines success for Wake's basketball program.

Still recall when Ronnie took over the post-game interview duties for a brief while because the village idiot (redacted) couldn't string two coherent sentences together. I guess they sent him to some speaking classes.

And the sock comments were beyond bizarre.

Not sure if this is behind a pay wall, but makes the case that Wake may be the 2nd best team in the ACC, behind UNC who is #1 by a mile.

5-3 with three plausible road losses. The sky should not be falling. Have to hold court at home, and the road schedule becomes far more manageable from here. Let's go Deacs.

The losses themselves are not bad …it is how we are losing. We don’t play defense for the entire game and our offense wilts under pressure on the road. Our team has not demonstrated the composure or discipline to win against good teams on the road. The talent is clearly there but unless Forbes get these things straightened out, I would not expect any big road wins. It is far more likely we stumble because of our soft defense

Play D like we did against UVa and we would be fine. But that hasn’t happened consistently and especially on the road.

It's dreaming, possibly hallucinating, to think this team finishing 8-4! We won't win one of the remaining road games. Lose to Duke at home, our best outlook is 7-5, and 6-6 is the most likely.

Back