• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

I have been screaming this as well! You have to play more than 7, period.
You don't have to play more than 7 player real minutes in college hoops. 7 players is quite reasonable. That comes out to five players playing 32 minutes each and two players playing 20 minutes. So you can play 7, but they have to be consistently good. That's the issue.

Respectfully disagree. Your model doesn’t include foul trouble or injuries. You have to be able to rely on more than just 2 bench players.

As we open the final day of the NCAA tournament, for those who like to say I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll bring back my post on this board from November 29, 2012. This was at the beginning of his first season at Rhode Island (in a season he went 8-21) and over five years before UConn hired him. Yet here we are, in the same shit we were then, while he is the best coach with the best program in college basketball.

Danny Hurley should be our #1 target.

As we open the final day of the NCAA tournament, for those who like to say I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll bring back my post on this board from November 29, 2012. This was at the beginning of his first season at Rhode Island (in a season he went 8-21) and over five years before UConn hired him. Yet here we are, in the same shit we were then, while he is the best coach with the best program in college basketball.
Congrats!

i would hate to be a college coach in today's market. it is now over a year-long grind...you have to be busting your ass non-stop. how soon will it be before players are being recruited through handlers while still playing on a team during the season? might be happening now, idk!

I get the sentiment. At the same time, must be rough to make scads of money coaching basketball, while teams of people work hard to raise scads of money for you to pay people to play basketball. And the scrutiny he receives from our little fan base is relatively mild.

Back