• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Feels so pathetically LOWF for posters to keep repeating that we couldn’t find a better coach than Forbes. What’s the determination behind this mindset? We are 2/3 way through year 4. Hypothetically if Forbes doesn’t make the tournament in year 4 or 5, are you still going to be saying that? Does that mean we will never find a coach capable of making the tournament, meanwhile 2-3 random
mid majors make the sweet sixteen every year?

#1 you are a prick and a fucking loser poster.

#2 I don't know if we can or not. I think Forbes has done a good job of getting us "relevant".

#3 Tonight sucks, this is the kind of game you have to win. I don't think we get in this year to the dance now, which I will give you, puts the clock on forbes. I'd give him next year 100%. I like his style, I like his demeanor, I love the players hes brought in and this team everyone can come back. Bring back a lot of production add a portal or 2, plus Juke we could be dangerous. If next year he cant do it, I'm open to any convos that need to be had.

Thanks for pointing that out Rutgers fan.

Did you enjoy your sabbatical from ogboards.com?

#1 you are a prick and a fucking loser poster.

#2 I don't know if we can or not. I think Forbes has done a good job of getting us "relevant".

#3 Tonight sucks, this is the kind of game you have to win. I don't think we get in this year to the dance now, which I will give you, puts the clock on forbes. I'd give him next year 100%. I like his style, I like his demeanor, I love the players hes brought in and this team everyone can come back. Bring back a lot of production add a portal or 2, plus Juke we could be dangerous. If next year he cant do it, I'm open to any convos that need to be had.
If Forbes left tomorrow would you just feel hopeless, like the program could never return to these great heights of success? c’mon. This program is bigger than 1 coach. We have been number #1 before, we have recruited McDonalds All-Americans before, we have advanced in the tournament before and we can do it again, with Forbes or with another coach.

And like I’ve said a million times, the lack of depth is on Forbes. He builds the roster.
He has Marion, Marsh & Canka on the bench. Might try them for a couple minutes each to rest some guys. While he is at it try some different zones. Change it up at each time out. Press & trap.

He has Marion, Marsh & Canka on the bench. Might try them for a couple minutes each to rest some guys. While he is at it try some different zones. Change it up at each time out. Press & trap.
Pitt had a true freshman drop 25 on us but we’ve been told repeatedly that it’s super unrealistic to expect us to be able to sign freshman who can contribute

South Carolina's second year head coach is sitting at 18-3 in a much stronger league than the ACC. Just beat a top 5 team on the road.
And brought in 9 new players and made defense the #1 priority. No starter over 6’8” with his 7 foot senior coming off the bench for 14 minutes last night at Tenn.

Feels so pathetically LOWF for posters to keep repeating that we couldn’t find a better coach than Forbes. What’s the determination behind this mindset? We are 2/3 way through year 4. Hypothetically if Forbes doesn’t make the tournament in year 4 or 5, are you still going to be saying that? Does that mean we will never find a coach capable of making the tournament, meanwhile 2-3 random
mid majors make the sweet sixteen every year?
Along with scrubs like Keatts and capel making the dance just to name a few off the top of my head

Pitt had a true freshman drop 25 on us but we’ve been told repeatedly that it’s super unrealistic to expect us to be able to sign freshman who can contribute

To be fair our guards stats would look a lot better if they had the privilege of playing against the Wake defense in the 2nd half of games

Shock, allowed a player to drop a career high on us.

It is unrealistic…

He wouldn’t have the luxury of playing wake.

If Forbes left tomorrow would you just feel hopeless, like the program could never return to these great heights of success? c’mon. This program is bigger than 1 coach. We have been number #1 before, we have recruited McDonalds All-Americans before, we have advanced in the tournament before and we can do it again, with Forbes or with another coach.
I think if Forbes left tomorrow, we’d hang a banner and reminisce about his era as if it was a success.

I mean he never finished last and last his final 2 seasons like Prosser did. So there’s that.

I think if Forbes left tomorrow, we’d hang a banner and reminisce about his era as if it was a success.

I mean he never finished last and last his final 2 seasons like Prosser did. So there’s that.
Didn’t finish first like Prosser did in his first season. So there’s that. You live to talk shit about the last successful coach we had, who died tragically in the midst of a comeback.

Back