• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

I remember exactly where I was and even the weather the day my friend called me that we'd hired "Bzdick". He was already pissed.

I had assumed, VERY POORLY, that for Wellman to have fired a coach who just went to the NCAA Tournament, he had a top 5 coach lined up who was going to be the equivalent of K or Roy. That's what happens when you "ASSUME" anything. Someone who was going to take us to the "promised land"!!!

.... then he trots out Elmer Fudd!!
Maryland fans were laughing at us so hard

And how much you wanna bet that smug fuck sits at the games in section 117 and thinks he had something to do with Forbes and the recent success?

Oh, there's no betting. I'll guarantee you that narcissist takes every bit of credit for our basketball success.

I remember exactly where I was and even the weather the day my friend called me that we'd hired "Bzdick". He was already pissed.

I had assumed, VERY POORLY, that for Wellman to have fired a coach who just went to the NCAA Tournament, he had a top 5 coach lined up who was going to be the equivalent of K or Roy. That's what happens when you "ASSUME" anything. Someone who was going to take us to the "promised land"!!!

.... then he trots out Elmer Fudd!!
I was at work in the old boards chatroom. Got a call from IT Security telling me to get outta there.

Amazingly, he also had a reputation for his recruiting ability being a major weakness. That hire was a real head scratcher.

So what do we think of Forbes?
Forbes is a winner.

He thinks about basketball in terms of winning and losing and uses the word win and the word winning a good bit.

He talks about winning games, possessions, match-ups etc.

As much as I am enjoying watching this team round into form with only 1 actual ball handler, I am super excited for next year.

Forbes will find 1 or 2 guards in the portal, probably guys that are averaging 8 to 12 points somewhere, and he turns them into high level talents.

Great eye for the game and talent.

After Clemson he had not been handed the scouting report on UVA. But you know he knows all their players already.

I'll assume Clark is a wing and M cubed is a SF. May not matter.

Depending on Ituka, Taylor and McCray, who it sounds like is hitting the gym early and is real dedicated, so I think he is returning, we could be loaded. Loaded.

Ituka, who is a scorer
Portal ball handler, star, high level
Hildreth
McCray
Taylor
Monsanto, I assume
Klintman
Carr
Marsh
Keller
Bradford

Clark SG/SF
M Cubed SF/PF

Imagine if Ituka returns healthy, watch his tape, he is a beast, and we add a guy like Alondes or Appleby.

Guys keep improving rapidly and...look out.

That team will WIN a whole lot.

Last edited:
Forbes is a winner.

He thinks about basketball in terms of winning and losing and uses the word win and the word winning a good bit.

He talks about winning games, possessions, match-ups etc.

As much as I am enjoying watching this team round into form with only 1 actual ball handler, I am super excited for next year.

Forbes will find 1 or 2 guards in the portal, probably guys that are averaging 8 to 12 points somewhere, and he turns them into high level talents.

Great eye for the game and talent.

After Clemson he had not been handed the scouting report on UVA. But you know he knows all their players already.

I'll assume Coakley is a wing and M cubed is a SF. May not matter.

Depending on Ituka, Taylor and McCray, who it sounds like is hitting the gym early and is real dedicated, so I think he is returning, we could be loaded. Loaded.

Ituka, who is a scorer
Portal ball handler, star, high level
Hildreth
McCray
Taylor
Monsanto, I assume
Klintman
Carr
Marsh
Keller
Bradford

Coakley SG/SF
M Cubed SF/PF

Imagine if Ituka returns healthy, watch his tape, he is a beast, and we add a guy like Alondes or Appleby.

Guys keep improving rapidly and...look out.

That team will WIN a whole lot.

Clark is next year. Coakley is 2 years away.

Interesting question. Off the top of my head, Bob Wade, Les Robinson, Kevin Stallings, James Johnson, Bob Staak, [Redacted] and Manning (in some order) have to be the list for post-1980. Anybody I am forgetting?

Sidney Lowe was pretty terrible, but not sure if he was historically bad.

Back