• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Credibility at by far an all time low, in my meaningless opinion. We are an unorganized disaster most of the time down the stretch.

Three straight losses to crappy-ass teams. Shocking and disastrous.

If you can’t see that we’ve hit Forbes’ ceiling then I’m not sure what to tell you. Dude cannot develop talent at all. At the end of the season we are screwed because we’ve had 5 guys play 40 minutes a game and they are all dead ass tired. Cam is the only player that has gotten better under Forbes.

If you can’t see that we’ve hit Forbes’ ceiling then I’m not sure what to tell you. Dude cannot develop talent at all. At the end of the season we are screwed because we’ve had 5 guys play 40 minutes a game and they are all dead ass tired. Cam is the only player that has gotten better under Forbes.
Lack of player development is a good point that isn’t brought up enough.

Are we still clearly trending upward as a program or whatever? Because we are now one essentially guaranteed loss away from having the exact same conference record with a vastly superior roster.

I mean.... one could say Alondes, Appleby, Laravia, Sallis, and Efton have all gotten better under Forbes.......

Are we still clearly trending upward as a program or whatever? Because we are now one essentially guaranteed loss away from having the exact same conference record with a vastly superior roster.
The best starting lineup of Forbes career in his words

In our last 12 games of each of the last three seasons (including this one) we are 18-18.

*Fixed for awful late night addition!

Last edited:
I have a tough time blaming Forbes for a problem that has plagued multiple Wake sports over multiple coaches.

A Wake team with everything to gain is getting beat up by a team with nothing to lose is typical late Feb/March for hoops and late Oct/Nov in football.

Back