• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

C’mon man. Everybody knew Dino underachieved. That was clear then and it’s much clearer now.
Dino obviously underachieved. Saying he got fired, 6 months after an extension, for only making the 2nd round of the tournament is ludicrous.

I would love to see a coaches contract extension that stipulates they have to make the sweet 16 the following season.

I would love to see a coaches contract extension that stipulates they have to make the sweet 16 the following season.

i think this post is kind a perfect microcosm of the issue. this reductive way of thinking is so far off from how decisions are made in the real world. there are dozens of real and important factors, the majority of which we aren’t privy to, that go into the cost/benefit analysis that pretty much everyone is doing when it comes to things like this.

Dino obviously underachieved. Saying he got fired, 6 months after an extension, for only making the 2nd round of the tournament is ludicrous.

Just make sure you realize you said Dino got fired for something that happened before the extension and went public after he was fired.

i think this post is kind a perfect microcosm of the issue. this reductive way of thinking
it’s not me making the argument that Dino was fired based on his record, that’s Ph. My argument was that Dino was fired for behind the scenes program issues that we mostly found out about after he was fired.

Word was that he wanted to go to UNC, but they had Felton. Otherwise, he probably ends up at UNC. Duncan was absolutely luck.
I actually spent a lot of time with CP on his recruiting visit. By the time he got to campus, he was 100 percent into Wake. Maybe he wanted UNC at some point, but Skip worked hard on Chris and I’d hardly call that luck. At the time I knew a lot of people at Duke and UNC and all agreed he’d likely play over Felton and Dockery. They would have found a way. Skip made a better offer.

The icing would be that we’re the first team out b/c state won this game. Are they a q1 win yet at least?

Has there ever been a coach that was fired that you couldn't make that argument about?

I think this is a difficult league and finishing .500 or better isn't as easy as it looks. It's a tough existence when a team can get a double bye and not be a tournament lock.

I think it would be foolish to eat a bunch of years of salary based on what we have seen so far. That calculus could change in a couple of seasons.
We'd have to "eat a bunch of years of salary" because he got an extension. Do you think he should have gotten that extension?

Who was going to steal him away, Iowa? Was the threat of that worth locking him (and us) up till 2029?

Back