• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
Hell yes!

332424f01f9c3fe33d42854a56e50cc8.jpg

Currie is the anti-Wellman. He gets shit done. And he’ll fire this guy too if it doesn’t work. Currie is the real deal. All those smiles and pressers about Wellman were for show.

And Forbes will be unafraid to piss off Roy & K. Y’all gonna like this Midwest boy. He cheats, gets Ts & curses at opposing coaches no matter who they are. It will be fun to watch for this crowd.

Currie is the anti-Wellman. He gets shit done. And he’ll fire this guy too if it doesn’t work. Currie is the real deal. All those smiles and pressers about Wellman were for show.

This is the biggest part of all this. If Matta, Forbes, Miller were al legit candidates that had some interest we had a very good field to choose from. That in itself is a major improvement.

Also, while I think any of the three could be successful, I have a feeling Forbes would be the most energizing for us and that's what we need most right now. And what you said matters most...get it done or we will move in a new direction and find someone who can.

First. Best. Most.

Love this. His presser for ETU he said they want to do something for the FIRST time in school history. The BEST thing in school history. The MOST in school history.

And Forbes will be unafraid to piss off Roy & K. Y’all gonna like this Midwest boy. He cheats, gets Ts & curses at opposing coaches no matter who they are. It will be fun to watch for this crowd.

Hopefully he isn't going to cheat. I have always thought we could follow the rules but still compete. I'm not one who wants to win at all costs. I hope Forbes is up to it. But if not then we move on. Is nice to think we might be done using "the right way" as an excuse to suck.

This hire will allow for Wes Miller to dominate the Southern Conferenfence over the next couple of years, providing him with an improved resume for when UNC opens...

So not a complete loss for DR.

Feels like he's Barnes at Clemson going toe to toe with dean smith.

Much like Bones McKinney

This hire will allow for Wes Miller to dominate the Southern Conferenfence over the next couple of years, providing him with an improved resume for when UNC opens...

So not a complete loss for DR.

DR catches alot of grief for his obsessiveness but it doesn't mean he isn't right. We'd be much better off right now if we hired Miller instead of DM. I think he could do well now. Maybe we will kick ourselves in the butt five years from now for not hiring him...but we could use some mixing things up and Forbes seems like a dude who will do it. At least if things don't go exceedingly well it won't feel like it was due to an incompetent hiring process.

So he's worked with Gillispie, Pearl, and Marshall, and is friends with Buzz Williams and Nick Nurse? I dig.

DR catches alot of grief for his obsessiveness but it doesn't mean he isn't right. We'd be much better off right now if we hired Miller instead of DM. I think he could do well now. Maybe we will kick ourselves in the butt five years from now for not hiring him...but we could use some mixing things up and Forbes seems like a dude who will do it. At least if things don't go exceedingly well it won't feel like it was due to an incompetent hiring process.

All true. I'm happy for Wake Forest. We made a good hire here and, like I said, the best hire was John Currie because he will stay on it. Wellman pulls the trigger on the hire and walks away and buries his head in the sand for 6-7 years. That won't be the Currie way.

I am excited about Forbes. The So Con really has been a great league and he has been right at the top of it through some big battles. He's not afraid of anyone. I wish he was a lot younger but it is what it is. This is the most excited I have been about a hire and that includes Skip Prosser.

I'll be thrilled if he can teach that the baseline is the 6th-man on defense. I have seen us give up the baseline for six years!! This alone would be progress!!!!

Seems to be a really solid hire. I might actually attend some games next season.

Very excited about this hire. Given homeschooling my research time has been really cut back....what type of style did he win with at ETSU?

Very excited about this hire. Given homeschooling my research time has been really cut back....what type of style did he win with at ETSU?

Those guys were big and physical inside. They ran the shit out of the G. Not super fast break but very up tempo style.

Back