• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Jobs Biography Reveals He Told Obama, 'You're Headed For A One-Term Presidency'

If you don't actually pay workers, they will not stay on the job will they? People only work for free at the Salvation Army and the food bank -- everyone else expects to get paid. If Friday rolls around and no paycheck is forthcoming, I don't think a business is going to continue to have a workforce. It doesn't take government regulation to make you pay your employees, all it takes is employees not showing up the next Monday. And as for safe working environments, if employees are injured then they're not able to work which takes away the business' workforce and ability to generate a product, AND the business has to defend the multiple lawsuits from the families of the injured workers. It doesn't take Big Guv'mint to make you provide a safe working environment, all it takes is an injured employee.

Depends if the worker has better options...

"Originally Posted by BoogityBoogity
AND the business has to defend the multiple lawsuits from the families of the injured workers. It doesn't take Big Guv'mint to make you provide a safe working environment, all it takes is an injured employee."

Tell that to all the mine workers died needlessly over the years. Tell that all the workers who died fromi asbestos posioning. Tell that to factory workerswho lost fingers and eyes before OSHA.

P.S. NO POTUS in any of our lifetimes killed more jobs than W.

For the year ended 9.25.2010, Apple employed 46,600 full time employees. Steve Jobs was one of them. In each of 2008, 2009 and 2010 his total wages were $1. From 1997 to 2011 he sold exactly ZERO shares of his Apple stock. Suffice to say Jobs was a wildly successful entrepreneur. He also seemed to recognize fully that he had more than "enough".

As for the other employees, perhaps you want to take it up with Al Gore. He's on the Apple Board of Directors.

I think you're talking about just in the US, right?

For the year ended 9.25.2010, Apple employed 46,600 full time employees. Steve Jobs was one of them. In each of 2008, 2009 and 2010 his total wages were $1. From 1997 to 2011 he sold exactly ZERO shares of his Apple stock. Suffice to say Jobs was a wildly successful entrepreneur. He also seemed to recognize fully that he had more than "enough".

As for the other employees, perhaps you want to take it up with Al Gore. He's on the Apple Board of Directors.

Ouch. Boat, meet torpedo.

Al Gore is a bitch. Weak torpedo.

Question for you. Could Steve Jobs get a low interest loan that would be cheaper than paying capital gains taxes on his rapidly rising Apple stock?

By "regulations and unnecessary costs", he means actually paying workers and providing safe working environments.

Typical speak from someone who has never signed a payroll check.....

Then why do it?

Stop bitching about creating jobs if you want to be called job creators.

exactly.

When did American entrepreneurs become so fucking whiny?

How in the world did Steve Jobs start his company in 1976?

Then why do it?

Stop bitching about creating jobs if you want to be called job creators.

For the potential reward. For most, starting your own business is an extremely risky venture. The hope is, of course, that there's a big financial payout from out. But, for whatever reason somebody does it, running your own business is far from easy.

Not being combative, but which part of that article is applicable?

Just pointing out that Steve Jobs operates in his own little bubble, and rolling up on the president and popping off about his reelection chances is something that doesn't surprise me at all.

I read a bio of him, "Infinite Loop", about a decade ago that outlined this character flaw.

Just pointing out that Steve Jobs operates in his own little bubble, and rolling up on the president and popping off about his reelection chances is something that doesn't surprise me at all.

I read a bio of him, "Infinite Loop", about a decade ago that outlined this character flaw.

I wouldn't call it a character flaw. His focus was on his vision. He was never very political. In a sense, Jobs wasn't all that different from Patton.

Back