• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Justice

I took his spin class a few weeks ago. Had no idea his wife had all those kids in her belly.

At work and can't watch a video, what is the gist of it?

That's such a high risk pregnancy. You have to respect their decision to keep them all, but it was against doctor's advice and they wound up with the worst possible outcome.

Went through fertility treatment, so she was full of hormones. Put one egg in through invetro. Egg divided into seven fetuses. Doc says to selectively reduce, they decide to keep them all. She miscarries all seven at Week 21.

Trying for their third child, ended up pregnant with 7, lost one to a miscarriage, and the other 6 were born at 21 weeks or so and only lived for a few hours (minutes).

Wow. This was advertised on CLT TV all day yesterday. I saw the couple but had no idea that was Steve and his wife - looks nothing like he did during his football days. Terribly sad.

well their experience, while extreme, is not incongruent with the way life works in general.

They deserved much, much, much better..and instead got shitted on.

that's painful to watch/consider!

I admire their faith and pray for their healing.

Feel for them. Tough decision, and hate that their "miracle" turned into tragedy.

Went through fertility treatment, so she was full of hormones. Put one egg in through invetro. Egg divided into seven fetuses. Doc says to selectively reduce, they decide to keep them all. She miscarries all seven at Week 21.

Not that it really matters, but I'm not sure an egg can divide seven times, I think just once. Plus, they'd all be the same gender if the egg divided (had one boy). What is most likely is the hormones created multiple eggs that were fertilized on top of the invetro egg.

We have been following this a bit recently. Very sad. Not sure we would have made the same decision they did, but obviously a personal call.

Not that it really matters, but I'm not sure an egg can divide seven times, I think just once. Plus, they'd all be the same gender if the egg divided (had one boy). What is most likely is the hormones created multiple eggs that were fertilized on top of the invetro egg.

We have been following this a bit recently. Very sad. Not sure we would have made the same decision they did, but obviously a personal call.

I just rewatched it. I thought that the story said they put one egg back, but it didn't say that. So apparently they put several back and they all survived. Reproductive endocrinologists don't usually get off on causing a pregnancy of more than two babies. My neighbors would up with triplets and the doctor was embarrassed. So ultimately the doctor was likely too aggressive here and this is the result.

All the babies were girls btw, so that's a daddy thing.

I just rewatched it. I thought that the story said they put one egg back, but it didn't say that. So apparently they put several back and they all survived. Reproductive endocrinologists don't usually get off on causing a pregnancy of more than two babies. My neighbors would up with triplets and the doctor was embarrassed. So ultimately the doctor was likely too aggressive here and this is the result.

All the babies were girls btw, so that's a daddy thing.

They lost a boy earlier, Issac. Unless that was a girl's name, too. Which it may have been.

Stpp contradicting me Dick and Balls State Deac

Back