• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

STICK A FORK IN IT

Wow did his point to over your head. He was saying you are on the fence about a guy who has had 35 years of coaching experience and the last 6 years to prove he can or can't coach in a major conference. In other words what the hell are you waiting for to get off the freaking fence.

This guy gets it.

After losses, BzzIners blamed bad officiating. Do they credit bad officiating with the win today?

I'll bite.

There were like 2 calls in the closing minutes that went for Wake that were absolutely wrong. Probably wouldn't have made a difference in this one.

I'm not, but if one were inclined to put a dark cloud upon the silver lining which is this win, one could point out that the best Deacon wins are more enjoyable when someone chooses to televise them. It's a subtle indictment of Buzz that ESPN and the ACC were so meh on his team that not even the #2 team in the country can get them on t.v. in their home state.

What I hate is that we are all Deacon fans and the long term good for Wake basketball is to not have Jeff Bzdelick as the head coach. Am I happy we won yes, am I happy that it probably means he is back to coach, nope. There are no facts to argue that since Buzz has been our coach we have sucked. Small moral victories do nothing for us. If we played like that every game and beat lots of teams then yes most of us would get behind the buzz train however we do not, instead in the majority of games we play awful. If anyone are the real douches it is those that use single games as a projection of their own feelings of superiority, like see we beat Miami look how great Buzz is don't worry about the other 14 losses to many really bad teams. If Buzz stays and rights the ship you get to point to yourself as the genius know it alls, if Buzz gets fired well it was just time and you fade off into the distance.

The man who thinks with his deac makes a very good point. Furthermore, BzIners can pretend that they stand for culture, class and "doing things the right way." They claim to be wiser and more distinguished. If they're proven wrong they can cling to their high moral standards as to why [Redacted] didn't succeed.

Will you admit you're wrong if we get really good with him as headcoach? Works both ways.

Depends what is your definition of really good? Since not only do the minority of buzziners think of themselves as having moral superiority they also seem to have short term memory and have lowered expectations down for the program to where they can claim Buzz is successful. Really good to me means high rankings in the top 25, remember when this was the norm. It also means NCAA tournament play with wins, it also means competing in the ACC for regular season championships, as well as even having a glimmer of hope that we may win the tournament. That would put us back to Dino Gaudio levels which many clamor really isnt that good anyway and we were looking to tweak a few things and rise the program above that. So then really good should be Top 10 rankings, ACC championships, Sweet 16 and beyond do you really believe that is the ceiling for Buzz as a coach? If so then I will gladly admit that I was wrong as well as many others.

You know when we arent going to admit we are wrong, when we win a random game against a team that has been having struggles lately to put us as 12-14. Also how do you see best case scenario, we might be able to squeak into the NIT tournament next year so thats year 4. Year 5 and 6 come a long and we have a really senior class (that is if no one transfers and why would anyone transfer all these kids have good culture), so we make the tournament, hell this groups senior year maybe even get a top 25 ranking. Boom year 7 it all comes crashing down as now we need 8 new players and we are really really young again. I don't see the consistent Top 10 ranking there, the consistent post season play, the consistent anything. If you would like to argue otherwise I am all ears.

If we get back to being a top program as you define it, I'll look forward to your being as effusive with your praise as you have been with your ridicule and nastiness. I'm not saying we'll get there, but "if" I will look forward to your comments. Don't get on the bandwagon then because you won't deserve the attention.

I'm really looking forward to the sanctimonious MTOW column Dan will be cooking up for us.

Then we go to FSU and throw up all over our shoes. What a season.

I'm really looking forward to the sanctimonious MTOW column Dan will be cooking up for us.

Then we go to FSU and throw up all over our shoes. What a season.

Then everyone will come back to their senses.

I've said this before, [Redacted]'s upside is the NCAA bubble. His teams don't win on the road and winning 8-10 games in conference is the bubble with our weak OOC schedule.

I've said this before, [Redacted]'s upside is the NCAA bubble. His teams don't win on the road and winning 8-10 games in conference is the bubble with our weak OOC schedule.

This. And we knew this when he was hired. IMO, this is really the heart if the Bzout argument, more so even than the past three years of suck. Progress has occurred but it's a road to nowhere.

Well, I said it a month ago about Bzzz, I will say it again. The video analogy below, starting at the 3:25 mark.

Back