• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

Lol nice edit feature. “It’s not to stimulate the economy “

To clarify. I posted that chart to illustrate how dumb it was to do it that way. Give every cash. Give it to them now. Means testing will make it slower, and inevitably people will be missed. They will need more. A lot more. And those programs, like beefing up unemployment insurance and helping businesses, will be better targeted and will take time. But people need money yesterday it’s not tos tiny late the economy. It’s to help people survive.

It doesn't help rich people survive. It does nothing for them. They don't need it yesterday or today or likely tomorrow.

How tough is it to write a program that puts in simple criteria? There's no reason something that couldn't be done in a day or two or less.

Why waste that money when it could be used in the next steps to actually help businesses and people more?

It doesn't help rich people survive. It does nothing for them. They don't need it yesterday or today or likely tomorrow.

How tough is it to write a program that puts in simple criteria? There's no reason something that couldn't be done in a day or two or less.

Why waste that money when it could be used in the next steps to actually help businesses and people more?

I understand rich people don’t need it. The thing you think would be easy is actually incredibly difficult. How would you design a program that would identify everyone that had a need right now? That wouldn’t miss anyone? Next to impossible. I’d much rather spend an extra 25 billion now to make sure we don’t miss anyone. We can worry about taxing it back later, and it’s a drop in the bucket in the context of the trillions we will need to spend to avert a depression

Very tough. How tough is it to get back when they file? Very easy. Listen to other people. Your self worth is not less if you happen to lose an argument on the internet.

Most “rich” people are a lot less so lately.

And nobody is immune to adverse effects of this crisis.

And it’s likely that many making good money in the last years may not be so fortunate presently or moving forward.

I understand rich people don’t need it. The thing you think would be easy is actually incredibly difficult. How would you design a program that would identify everyone that had a need right now? That wouldn’t miss anyone? Next to impossible. I’d much rather spend an extra 25 billion now to make sure we don’t miss anyone. We can worry about taxing it back later, and it’s a drop in the bucket in the context of the trillions we will need to spend to avert a depression

I think the number of people making $250,000 in their last tax year who need this is tiny. And by eliminating all over that amount at this point, we can give more help to more people.

I understand the theory of not many people complaining about taking their money back, but I would shocked if that number wouldn't be massively larger than those missed who went in the tank after making a lot of money and not having any to make it through a couple of months.

I think the number of people making $250,000 in their last tax year who need this is tiny. And by eliminating all over that amount at this point, we can give more help to more people.

I understand the theory of not many people complaining about taking their money back, but I would shocked if that number wouldn't be massively larger than those missed who went in the tank after making a lot of money and not having any to make it through a couple of months.

How do you know who made $250k in the last year? Taxes aren't due until July. This is where listening to people and comprehending would help.

How many days has this argument been going on?

Maybe we’re all on ignore. Because we all keep answering every question or point he brings up. Thoroughly answering. Then he just posts the same points again. As if our answers are not even seen, let alone understood.

Came for the stock market discussion. The result was nearly as bad as checking my accounts.

Very tough. How tough is it to get back when they file? Very easy. Listen to other people. Your self worth is not less if you happen to lose an argument on the internet.

If you think that matters to me, you couldn't be more off base. I don't give a fuck about that.

I ran 10 miles to Maryland today to hand rj this

LHlzMiz.jpg

Is a hybrid run one for those who aren't gender specific?

I ran 10 miles to Maryland today to hand rj this

LHlzMiz.jpg

I notice you didn’t share your splits, bro. Weak sauce.

That’s just the inner hostility that I know your scrawny ass is at least 1.5 minutes faster than me coming out. Bout to hit up a 5 miler myself.

I can honestly say I've never run ten miles at one time in my life. I would guess I put in close to that many nights selling beer at The Vet and maybe five plus playing ball many times. But I've never just run and run. I get bored very quickly if the only goal is to run X distance.

I can honestly say I've never run ten miles at one time in my life. I would guess I put in close to that many nights selling beer at The Vet and maybe five plus playing ball many times. But I've never just run and run. I get bored very quickly if the only goal is to run X distance.

Yet somehow you don’t get bored of being completely wrong on the Internet.

Back