• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

Do you think they'll still be able to have their 2 for 20 menu, bro? I'm dying for some Bourbon Street Steak right now.

I wonder if they are letting their quarter wings to be taken out.

Hell if you hurry Georgia's shelter in place order doesn't go into effect until Friday and from news reports it looked like Applebees in rural Georgia was still bumping.

Seems like there is legit chance that the virus will die down due to the weather come June/July, which will then lead to our stupid AF population rushing back out into crowded areas and round two of this breaking out again in the fall. That's when the Depression is going to get real.

You realize we have to have a recession before we can get to a depression right? Goldman and others are predicting a booming Q3. If correct, we won't even get to a recession, let alone a depression.

If this doesn’t qualify as an economic recession (or I would argue even a depression) then we need to change the definition because it’s inherently flawed.

You realize we have to have a recession before we can get to a depression right? Goldman and others are predicting a booming Q3. If correct, we won't even get to a recession, let alone a depression.

Are you serious with believing that we are not experiencing a recession right now?

I think I would call it an economic shock at this point. Recession needs to keep its definition of two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth. You can debate whether we're in one or not, but I would expect Q1 and Q2 to be a recession.

How have you not changed your profile to Joe Exotic?

Not going to happen. Unless you mean Q3 of 2021. Then maybe.

Shocking that Goldman and others are predicting a rosy Q3. Of course that wouldn't benefit them at all right now, would it?

It's all one big card game, and companies like Goldman disperse information that will benefit their company in the short term regardless of how wrong it could be long term. And if shit hits the fan they know we'll just bail them out again. Its high reward, low risk for companies that are "too big to fail". They're going to tell you to double down regardless of what cards you're holding.

Although maybe the people who run Goldman are just as stupid as the Gumps that believed this thing was going to resolve itself by Easter and it is not a big PR campaign designed to convince investors into thinking all is well and not selling.

Who knows?

Last edited:

The sad thing is if Trump and his Finance Bros actually got ahead of this and treated the virus seriously 2 months ago the epidemic would have done a lot less damage to our economy.

Sadly these people can only live in the now of opening bell stock prices, and don't care about the big picture. Which is why we are headed straight to economic hell.

We were the top oil producing country in the world last year, 50% more than Saudi Arabia

Shocking that Goldman and others are predicting a rosy Q3. Of course that wouldn't benefit them at all right now, would it?

It's all one big card game, and companies like Goldman disperse information that will benefit their company in the short term regardless of how wrong it could be long term. And if shit hits the fan they know we'll just bail them out again. Its high reward, low risk for companies that are "too big to fail". They're going to tell you to double down regardless of what cards you're holding.

Well they revised their Q2 projections down an additional 10% (34% GDP drop from 24 previously).

I'd consider this to be a significant economic shock currently. Hopefully only a brief recession (based on the consecutive negative quarters definition) going forward. But I don't disagree that things could last much, much longer. Scary to think about.

Back