• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stop Pulling Against Our Team

WFU1990

Reaction score
I totally understand the frustration with the performance of our basketball program over the last three years. I am frustrated. I want and expect better. I will not, however, pull for my Deacons to lose. I hate reading posts where people who profess to be Deacon fans pull for us to lose, or hope that we don't attract good recruits. I understand the thought process, but IMO, if we are playing Duke, and you pull for Duke to win, you are at that moment a Dookie, which means that by definition, you suck. I hear the argument that Ron Wellman did the same thing by saying that we would sacrifice games for our new culture. I understand the logical connection, but I don't understand justifying a bad viewpoint by saying that it is the same as another bad viewpoint. I think we need a new coach. However, if Coach [Redacted] by some miracle turns this around next year, I will be happy for my Deacs. Just my two cents, and I understand other opinions, but I just can't get with people pulling for my School to lose.

Please, do tell me how you're a superior fan because you won't pull for us to lose.

6ec0f7387f516d10a86d4e4b6183e05f.jpeg

I'm all ears

People like you are the reason we are on this debacle. Fucking fanny pack pussy.

Good thing we have something to pull for right now! Oh wait…

HEY BUDDY. It is the first day of the NCAA tournament so I couldn't even pull against our team if I wanted to.

This post led me to do a bizarre piece of research.

The latest in the week a Jeff [Redacted] team has ever played a post-season (conference tournament + NIT + NCAAT) game is Friday at 3 p.m.

Air Force:
0-2 in MWC Tournament (both losses on Thursday)
0-1 in NCAAT (loss came on Thursday)
3-1 in NIT (All games played Monday-Wednesday)

Colorado:
1-3 in Big12 Tournament (2nd round game in '08 played at 3 p.m. on Friday)
No other post-season appearances

Wake Forest:
0-3 in ACC Tournament (All games played on Thursday)

In other words... In 8 years of coaching major college basketball, [Redacted] has never coached a post-season game that would encroach on the weekend (starting Friday at 5 p.m.)

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but I'm glad that I can independently fill out brackets without Wake clouding my judgement.

Did the board pick VCU to pull for? Cause Shaka is drilling Akron. How cool it must be to have a competent head coach.

Yep. Looks like they had nearly, if not more than, half the votes. And I am completely fine with that!

I don't know about you guys but I'm glad that I can independently fill out brackets without Wake clouding my judgement.

I wasn't even interested in filling out a bracket without wake. I've lost all interest in it. But I decided to just cause.

Not that I think it would matter, but Akron is missing 3 players. One out with a back injury and two with the flu.

A brave first thread. If Bzz turns it around next year I'll be happy too. Let's get back to supporting Wake Forest and stop with this negativity. Bzz turned Air Force and the Nuggets around and Wake will go to the dance next year with a little luck. Who is with me?

Not that I think it would matter, but Akron is missing 3 players. One out with a back injury and two with the flu.

Yeah that must suck to make the tourney then blow chunks all day or gat back spasms. But Shaka's team must drink liquid lightning. The energy they play with is fun to watch.

If Bz is back then Dan needs to pin him down with some preseason expectations. Something we can hold him accountable to at the end of the year.

I totally understand the frustration with the performance of our basketball program over the last three years. I am frustrated. I want and expect better. I will not, however, pull for my Deacons to lose. I hate reading posts where people who profess to be Deacon fans pull for us to lose, or hope that we don't attract good recruits. I understand the thought process, but IMO, if we are playing Duke, and you pull for Duke to win, you are at that moment a Dookie, which means that by definition, you suck. I hear the argument that Ron Wellman did the same thing by saying that we would sacrifice games for our new culture. I understand the logical connection, but I don't understand justifying a bad viewpoint by saying that it is the same as another bad viewpoint. I think we need a new coach. However, if Coach [Redacted] by some miracle turns this around next year, I will be happy for my Deacs. Just my two cents, and I understand other opinions, but I just can't get with people pulling for my School to lose.

Well we can't pull against them now can we?

If Bz is back then Dan needs to pin him down with some preseason expectations. Something we can hold him accountable to at the end of the year.

Seriously? Dan? I'll give up golf for a year if that happens.

Back