• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Strange Little Man

only time [Redacted] and dean smith's names will ever be included in the same article.

Last edited:
"Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patton who said 'if you label me, you disregard me?'"

Oh my. And that's from the N&O's Executive Editor. Seriously, their Editor is now making fun of [Redacted].

I'm no Dean Smith fan but to even see those two mentioned in the same article-even in this way is heresy. Dean Smith could flat out coach. Love him or hate him the man won games.

Bz completely [Redacted]'d himself with his response to inquiries about the ads. It was seriously not hard to turn that around on the boards, but he failed at that too.

Hell is other people.

Never has this been more true than with Wake Forest's utter failure at all things basketball, media, and marketing.

Everything I've read also indicates that Smith was really damn smart about nearly everything. I think if he weren't the UNC head coach I would have liked him a lot.

Scott Wortman is awful at his job, too. Is there a single competent person employed in the Wake Forest Athletic Department? Is there, like, a stupid white male quota to be met that we don't know about it?

Remember when Skip used to quote Shakespeare? Or when Dino used to misquote Shakespeare? Sigh. Now we have athletic department spokesmen having to insist that [Redacted] does in fact read and watch the news.

He never comes out and says it, but the implication is obvious - drescher thinks good coaches are well-read, community involved and able to adopt what they learn to winning games, and that Bzz is none of these.

I actually don't think Wortman is that bad (comparably speaking to other people within the department). He's generally good at what he does, and I mean look at what he has to deal with: he is the media liaison for Jeff [Redacted]. That's got to be a miserable job.

Remember when Skip used to quote Shakespeare? Or when Dino used to misquote Shakespeare? Sigh. Now we have athletic department spokesmen having to insist that [Redacted] does in fact read and watch the news.

He never comes out and says it, but the implication is obvious - drescher thinks good coaches are well-read, community involved and able to adopt what they learn to winning games, and that Bzz is none of these.

Exactly. Compare and contrast...

"Sadly, Smith’s mind is no longer strong." As compared to [Redacted], who's mind never has been strong.

What a miserably bad joke Ron Wellman has played on us...

The world outside LOWF is increasingly aware of what a joke bzz is as evidenced by a number of comments/news bits about his failures. Here he's portrayed as a direct contrast to a smart, competent coach. Great. (Hope RW sees it and takes credit for it.)

I anticipate more and more of these articles as it appears bzzz is going to be around longer, screwing up more things, making inane comments. Maybe this will eventually help bring about change...or maybe he'll finally realize he's in over his head and LEAVE.

Is this rock bottom? Our idiot coach is used as an excuse for a fluff piece on Dean Smith.

FWIW, I twice attempted to add a comment in the replies concerning Buzz out. One with the website which I did not think it would pass muster the second one that many Wake fans are fed up with Buzz. Neither were posted by the moderator @ the N & O...

did you log in? i've never had a comment not post immediately on N&O.com

Back