• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Strange Little Man

That's a terribly written article. What's the point he's trying to make? If he's trying to make a point about Bz, then he should have come back to it at the end. Instead, it's just a puff piece on Dean with an awkward lead-in using Bz's statement as the reason that he thought to write about Dean. I don't care why you thought to write the story, just write the story.

That being said, the point that others are making is well-taken. Wake's current situation is a PR disaster that could have been managed much better. Sports fans and journalists pounce on disingenuous or dishonest statements that deny that a problem exists. I can say that I don't read every quote from Wellman or Bz, but they should have acknowledged the problem all along and clearly/transparently describe how they are working to correct. Then, many would be upset that the problem existed, but they would have confidence that the AD and Bz are on top of it and working to correct the problem. Instead, in public, the AD has shown denial (perhaps until just recently), and both the AD and Bz have shown defensiveness and attempted to deflect blame, whether to players or problems inherited from the past.

Unfortunately, too late to first the mess. And it's sad.

the article should have restated jeff's focus on cleansing the mind and soul through daily yoga. that's what gives him the extra edge when we are on the court.

Note to the reporters and editors of the News and Observer: in case you hadn't noticed before, our Buzz does not know how to answer questions and is utterly unaware of his audience. He has memorized canned defensive statements that he interjects indiscriminately. It makes no sense to try to make sense of his replies because they are often canned nonsequitors and contradictions of what he said before. Instead, you should thank your lucky stars that he is coaching us and not one of your favored schools.

If you are interested, members of our board have started compiling a list of Buzzisms. This list will let you know all there is to know about Jeff [Redacted].

Don't mention it.

Last edited:
Dean Smith has forgotten more about basketball then [Redacted] will ever learn......

....too soon?

Remember when Skip used to quote Shakespeare? Or when Dino used to misquote Shakespeare? Sigh. Now we have athletic department spokesmen having to insist that [Redacted] does in fact read and watch the news.

Who needs to read??? We have the Sarah Palin of coaches
palin_1753512b.jpg

I took it as slamming Bzz because he is so weak minded as to not be able to handle criticism (constructive or otherwise) and he must be spoon fed information that protects him from the outside world.

ETA great thread title and spot on

Last edited:
Who needs to read??? We have the Sarah Palin of coaches

Interesting segue...what do you think Bz's political affiliation is?

We know Dean is a staunch Democrat and K is a staunch Republican. Bz, it's up to you to break the tie!

:couch:

Sorry, but this is one of the most nonsensical statements I've ever read (especially coming from somebody in PR):

“Reading that stuff (media coverage) might cloud his judgment when interacting with the media"

That is complete and total incompetence.

Dealing with a parent with dementia myself, I can relate to what Dean's family is going through. It's not easy. That was a very unfocused article but that was my take on it. Bzz not reading is sort of a given.

Interesting segue...what do you think Bz's political affiliation is?

We know Dean is a staunch Democrat and K is a staunch Republican. Bz, it's up to you to break the tie!

:couch:

I couldn't find any record that he's registered to vote in Forsyth or any neighboring county. So he either is apolitical, not at all invested in the local community, or I just suck at finding voter registration info online on a Saturday night.

Did you try Sunset Beach?

Reading an article might cloud your judgement when dealing with the media? That is extremely unprofessional. So Dan Collins wrote an unflattering article and if bzz reads it he will now treat Dan Collins poorly? This is what passes for doing things the right way and "culture building" it is yet another example among far too many to count why Ronnie needs to go and the BOT need to stop for a moment and think about this with no emotional investment. I can't imagine any of them actually hiring bzz at heir day jobs but they leave him in charge of the flag ship program.

Wake Forest where winning is valued behind dishonesty, arrogance and neglegence.

Back