• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Students just got an E-mail from Coach Bzz

Bz doesn't appreciate the law students. No email.

[Redacted] should be neither praised nor criticised for sending out this bland email. It is simply the least he could do and something he, quite frankly, had to do.

Just not a big deal at all either way.

so is this his first ever email? if so it's beyond ridiculous since, as dv7 says, it's the least he should be doing to reach out to the students.

I know I got one from Dino, but it wasn't nearly as good as the one Skip sent while I was there.

Bz did bring me donuts in the library too. That was cool.

I never got one from Dino when I was at Wake.

When me and my friends camped out for the Duke game in 2010 (just so we could say that we did it before we graduated regardless of our record) [Redacted] and his wife came out and thanked us for our support and talked to us for a good while and got us food and drinks.

Tack on "sending cool emails to students" to the list of shit that makes absolutely no difference when a coach wins games.

Skip's emails were awesome. Odom's complete lack of emails during ACC championship seasons was far more awesome.

Tack on "sending cool emails to students" to the list of shit that makes absolutely no difference when a coach wins games.

Skip's emails were awesome. Odom's complete lack of emails during ACC championship seasons was far more awesome.

Did Odom even have an e-mail account back then? I checked my e-mail like maybe twice a week when I had spare time.

The only email I would appreciate from Bz would be:

Dear students,

After 3 years at Wake, I've come to the realization that I am a terrible coach and always will be a terrible coach. This culture change ploy was just a whole crock of shit to cover up my ineptitude to win games. I resign.

Sincerely,
Jeff [Redacted]

Skip was twice the coach and man Bz is, but those of you that can't appreciate this as a gesture are silly. I'm sure the students who were there yelling and cheering for MSD appreciate it, I know I loved the ones I got in school.

Did Odom even have an e-mail account back then? I checked my e-mail like maybe twice a week when I had spare time.

I'm pretty sure it was through e-mail that he and Wellman told DR and myself to meet with them regarding (perceived) inappropriate behaviorof our group during games. It may have been a secretary, but it was his message.

Knowing Bz there's probably a virus attached to that email.

I'm pretty sure it was through e-mail that he and Wellman told DR and myself to meet with them regarding (perceived) inappropriate behaviorof our group during games. It may have been a secretary, but it was his message.

Yeah, but that wasn't after the Plan for the Class of 2000 was proposed? The difference the two championship seasons with respect to internet and computer access on campus was huge. Things really blew up in Fall '97.

Skip was twice the coach and man Bz is, but those of you that can't appreciate this as a gesture are silly. I'm sure the students who were there yelling and cheering for MSD appreciate it, I know I loved the ones I got in school.

I would hope the students are smart enough to realize that Bz had nothing to do with writing this email other than lending his name to it. Any thanks should go to the anonymous athletic department staffer who received this assignment.

I would hope the students are smart enough to realize that Bz had nothing to do with writing this email other than lending his name to it. Any thanks should go to the anonymous athletic department staffer who received this assignment.

Erm... can't that be said for every e-mail students get then? Were Dino's e-mails always sent by staffers as well? Skip's?

My money's still on [Redacted] writing that e-mail, simply because the writing kind of sucks.

Let's be honest, how many of us here really think Bz knows how to work email?

This email thing matters!!!!

Yeah, but that wasn't after the Plan for the Class of 2000 was proposed? The difference the two championship seasons with respect to internet and computer access on campus was huge. Things really blew up in Fall '97.

Yeah, I think that meeting was the 97-98 season.

Back