• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

Concerning the google ranking, is there any way you could get a link on Blogger So Dear? They have a "links" section and it even has a link back to the DS Boards.

It always helps to get plugged from legitimate, high ranking sites which I think BSD qualifies as now.

Good idea. Ill have to talk with the bsd crew

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'm reading at 100 posts per page, so this isn't as a huge a deal to me, but...

For threads longer than 20 pages, would it be possible to have 1, 2, 3.....20, 21, 22 (if there were 22 pages for example) instead of links for the first 20 pages and a link to the last page?

Last 3 Pages. Should work in Chrome or Firefox + Greasemonkey

I did something similar for the UMD vBulletin boards a while back. Make a couple changes but it should still work the same here.

Can the praying emoticon be added?

pray.gif

Hmm, I could probably take care of this, but since you addressed it to TW...

Alright, I've got something up for spoilers, will be writing a FAQ for it in a bit.

Basically, the easiest way is to select text in the advanced post editor and use the spoiler button I've added (near the youtube tagging button). It will ask you to enter a title/description for it.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way the appropriate tag would be:

{spoiler=description of what you're spoiling}hidden text/youtube/whatevs goes here{/spoiler}

Of course, using the proper straight brackets in the place of those curved ones.

Here is what it would look like

You guys are so spoiled

and it should work with a youtube video:

The Leann Rimes poll/thread is marked NSFW, but only the poll icon is displayed on the Pit main page. Is there any way to also mark a poll thread as NSFW on the main page so there are no surprises upon opening it at work?

By default I think the poll icon is going to override any others. Not sure if we can change this, but we are looking into it.

In the meantime we'll just have to keep an eye out and mark them the old fashioned way.

When I try to click on a thread but accidentally click on the name of the user that started said thread, I'd prefer that I not be presented with that user's profile information. This happens to me frequently given the imprecision associated with reading the boards from an iPad. Can the user profile information be suppressed from the "home" page. Anyone elsxe know what I'm talking about or have the same problem?

When I try to click on a thread but accidentally click on the name of the user that started said thread, I'd prefer that I not be presented with that user's profile information. This happens to me frequently given the imprecision associated with reading the boards from an iPad. Can the user profile information be suppressed from the "home" page. Anyone elsxe know what I'm talking about or have the same problem?

This happens to me from time to time using a laptop. I wouldn't mind a change, either.

I think you should be able balance out/negate a negrep if you realize you made a mistake.

A "balance" or "cancel" should be allowed.

Yeah, it would probably be a slight issue. That's plenty of space/time to clear out PMs every now and then. If you're worried about saving them just put them in a giant word document or something. :plos:

Back