• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

YO, I HEARD YOU HAVE AN IPAD!

Really? I don't care to be notified about the forum's iPad software at all, but I'll be fine with once and not five or six times.

The instant refresh thing is a definite no. We'll have to look into a way to add the youtube option.

Keeping/removing the rep system was put to a vote several times. Keeping it has always won out.

We'll revisit the reputation system when we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin.

The instant refresh thing is a definite no. We'll have to look into a way to add the youtube option.

Keeping/removing the rep system was put to a vote several times. Keeping it has always won out.

We'll revisit the reputation system when we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin.
I am not saying we get rid of the rep system. This is the only vB forum I am a part of that does not let you see the name of the person repping you. Why is it anonymous?

Also, just curious why the auto-refresh is a no?

Thanks.

Could you please change the forum so it doesn't ask if you want to d/l the iPad app 5 times in a row? I don't mind there being 1 question, but 5?

Really? I don't care to be notified about the forum's iPad software at all, but I'll be fine with once and not five or six times.

ips1pqz.jpg

Do I need to be an FSU fan to get a reply? ;) <3

Well, this is a suggestions thread, not a Q and A thread. So if we don't answer immediately or at all, rest assured your concerns are still being read.

With regards to the iPad notifications, that's got to be some bug w/ the code that we are required to include to be compatible w/ the applications. It should only run once if you have cookies enabled and not clearing constantly, and the last time I checked on the problem I couldn't find any apparent issues with the coding.

So, I'll look into it again when I get the chance, but it's obviously much harder to test for these errors when none of us admins even have iPads. :p (though if someone wants to send me one for the good of the boards I'd appreciate it). I'd just stress making sure you have cookies fully enabled.

ips1pqz.jpg

Do I need to be an FSU fan to get a reply? ;) <3

Well, this is a suggestions thread, not a Q and A thread. So if we don't answer immediately or at all, rest assured your concerns are still being read.

With regards to the iPad notifications, that's got to be some bug w/ the code that we are required to include to be compatible w/ the applications. It should only run once if you have cookies enabled and not clearing constantly, and the last time I checked on the problem I couldn't find any apparent issues with the coding.

So, I'll look into it again when I get the chance, but it's obviously much harder to test for these errors when none of us admins even have iPads. :p (though if someone wants to send me one for the good of the boards I'd appreciate it). I'd just stress making sure you have cookies fully enabled.

Sorry bym, I had looked into this a while ago and thought I had figured out the issue, but apparently it didn't work if it is still prompting you.

I'll take a look again and see what I can do.

Chris, the auto-refresh thing just isn't something we want to include on the site. It's one more thing we'd have to support in case it breaks. If you want to auto-refresh, download Opera and set it to auto-refresh every 30 seconds.

I just want to throw this out there one more time. Anonymous rep is the worse idea in the world. I am not saying we get rid of rep. We just need to not have it anonymous. This is the only forum I am a part of that does not tell you who the person was that repped you. It has to just be a simple setting change.

What is the thinking behind keeping it anonymous?

Why do you want to know who sent you neg rep?

Why do you want to know who sent you neg rep?
Because I think it's pretty fucked up that people can just neg rep someone without signing it like a little pussy. I got neg-repped for saying 'Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!' today just to give you an example.

So how would you act differently if you know who sent it?

So how would you act differently if you know who sent it?
I would not act any differently. I am sure they would, though. I am willing to bet at least 50% of neg rep would not be given if rep was not anonymous.

I would not act any differently. I am sure they would, though. I am willing to bet at least 50% of neg rep would not be given if rep was not anonymous.

I disagree. I think much of the neg rep would just end up on the boards anyway.

If changing this system wouldn't change your behavior, why sweat it?

Back