• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

I disagree. I think much of the neg rep would just end up on the boards anyway.

If changing this system wouldn't change your behavior, why sweat it?
Then they would sign their rep. The people who are willing to sign their rep are the only ones who will keep doing it. Everyone else has no problem hiding behind a computer screen.

This is the only vB forum I am a member of that keeps their rep anonymous. I'll ask again... what is the benefit of it being anonymous? I've given some reasons why I think it's a bad idea. I'm curious to hear why it's such a good idea. And not... 'it won't change their behavior, so who cares.'

Last edited:
See... I am getting neg rep for this suggestion. No one signed their name to it. Pussy. Like I said... if people knew that it was not anonymous, they would have never left this rep.
The only reason I could see a mod not wanting it public is if they are the ones doing it.
zuof3qr.gif
There is no good reason for rep to be anonymous.

Isn't rep supposed to be used to see who post good, reliable information? Not who roots for FSU over Wake.

Last edited:
No I think you're a pussy for whining about it. Someone didn't like something you posted? Get over it. Note: I didn't give you negrep amd never have.

No I think you're a pussy for whining about it. Someone didn't like something you posted? Get over it. Note: I didn't give you negrep amd never have.
That's the point. If someone gave me neg rep because of something I said, you can bet I would not be here posting. They neg rep every single thing I say just because of my FSU ties. I said 'Happy Thanksgiving' and got neg rep.

What is the point of rep? To see who posts good, reliable or entertaining posts? Or to see who only thinks Wake is their second favorite team?

I'll ask again... what is the point behind keeping it anonymous?

Last edited:
Who gives a fuck about neg rep? Jesus, it's the internet. Stop fucking getting your panties in a bunch because some random person on the internet doesn't like you, who cares?

I sign my neg reps but I find complaining about neg reps much more "pussy" than leaving anon neg reps.

Also, we've put it to a vote and the majority wants it to stay anonymous, sorry you don't agree with the masses on this one. I suggest you just continue on living your life and not worry about what some clown online says about you anonymously.

Who gives a fuck about neg rep? Jesus, it's the internet. Stop fucking getting your panties in a bunch because some random person on the internet doesn't like you, who cares?

I sign my neg reps but I find complaining about neg reps much more "pussy" than leaving anon neg reps.

Also, we've put it to a vote and the majority wants it to stay anonymous, sorry you don't agree with the masses on this one. I suggest you just continue on living your life and not worry about what some clown online says about you anonymously.
panties in a bunch? really? like I said... it's only because of my FSU ties. But, OK. Not sure why you will continue to support them, but OK.

You certainly won't here anything more about it from me. Adios.

Since being back I've only given one rep and it was accidental. Not giving out rep does wonders for not receiving it (neg or pos) back Chris. Maybe try that for awhile? I think having it anonymous is a bad idea too, but since nobody bothers to rep me much anymore its fine for me.

I know for a FACT that DV7 returns negrep for negrep, much in the same manner as rjkarl. But I also use negreps (never pos reps for this purpose) basically as a way to PM or text him, so....

haha, I only return neg reps with you.

I have been known to return pos reps for anyone that signs a neg rep towards me. I like that some people step up to the plate and put their name on it.

Here comes a flood of signed neg reps...

I know it has been discussed before, but could it be possible to rep tags? Fine with anonymous tags; just would like to give credit to the good ones and neg rep the shitty ones to force people to step up their tagging game.

you're right. i was being a pussy. rough week last week. my fault. i still think anonymous rep is bullshit.

that about sums it up

Is there a way to imbed tweets into the boards? Some of the other boards I read do this, and it's so much more visually pleasing than when people try to copy and paste text in twitter form into a post.

Some examples here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=215239&page=14

Seeing as that board runs an older version of the same software this board runs on, I would think it's a plug-in that the admins here can install. Agreed that it would be hugely helpful since no one seems to want to take 5 extra seconds to edit their copy/paste jobs to make them readable when posting tweets.

Last edited:
A suggestion for the suggestions thread. STOP GIVING A SHIT ABOUT REP.

Is there a way to ignore threads altogether (so that they don't appear on my screen at all)? It would help declutter the front page from any and all hockey threads, or threads about teams I care nothing about.

Nothing final will ever happen on that thread, nor will any assisting be done.

Back