• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Bowl Snack Thread

DeaconSlim2.0

-------------------------
Reaction score
ITT we discuss snack ideas (dips, appetizers, wing recipes, etc) for the Big Game on Sunday.

Anyone have any go-to dishes for Superbowl parties?

Trying to find a couple new snack ideas for this year.

Leave ideas here!

My go-to is a sausage dip. Brown and drain one lb of spicy sausage, add large can of rotel chilies and tomatoes and block of cream cheese, stir it all together and put in glass pie dish. Bake for 20 minutes at maybe 350? Serve with chips.

I've had the cheese with rotel chilis, but not with the sausage included. Sounds good, but I probably won't get to try it with vegetarians in the family.

I like a layered dip, too. In a 9 x 9 dish, layer refried beans, salsa, black olives-tomatoes-peppers, then finally shredded cheese on top. Bake until cheese melts. Top with sour cream.

Guac and chips. But the standard really isn't fancy - pizza, wings, beer. It works.

I often make a buffalo chicken dip that I think I got from Lady Deac.

Crabcakes every year. Might do fried chicken this year as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally one of two dips:
(1) - Layer a can of Hormel chili, then cream cheese, and then shredded cheese. Microwave until cheese is melted.
(2) - Brown a LB of ground beef, then add a jar of picante salsa, and small block of velveeta. Heat until velveeta is melted.

But we get the rest of the stuff from local restaurants (wings & pizza). Then some form of desert from the grocery store.

Normally one of two dips:
(1) - Layer a can of Hormel chili, then cream cheese, and then shredded cheese. Microwave until cheese is melted.
(2) - Brown a LB of ground beef, then add a jar of picante salsa, and small block of velveeta. Heat until velveeta is melted.

But we get the rest of the stuff from local restaurants (wings & pizza). Then some form of desert from the grocery store.

That sounds amazing. I bet your toilet is a superfund site the next day.

Nothing too fancy. I'm a big seven layer bean dip fan, so I always make one of those. And usually grill up some wings with my pulled pork rub to go sauceless.

We have a party every year. We have a potluck thing. I am going to smoke a boston butt.

Gimme a buff chicken dip recipe, stat

Pick up bottle of frank's red hot at store. Buy all ingredients listed. Copy recipe.
Replace frank's bottle. Buy Texas pete.
Prepare.

Bacon and broccoli salad.
Prepare 1 lb bacon.
Cut broccoli florets, about two cups.
Cube ripe mango.
Whisk 1 cup mayo and 3 ounces white vinegar.
Cranberries.
Raisins.
Nuts (I like cashews)
Diced 1/4 red onion.
Combine all ingredients violently, refrigerate four hours or more.

-Pimento cheese deviled eggs
-[Unhealthy snack] Veggie pizza
-Buffalo chicken dip (made with a shredded rotisserie chicken)

Buffalo chicken dip (also with a rottiserie)
Pulled pork sliders with slaw (sous viding the pork -- one day I will have a smoker)
Hummus
Chips and queso and salsa

Back