• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Surprise! Bush & Cheney lied to push us into a deadly, unnecessary war

There's a reason why W and Dick haven't traveled outside the US since they left office.

I have little doubt that Cheney subversively worked to get us in that war. I don't think W was nearly as nefarious. I think he was a lot closer to congress (who all voted for it) than he was Cheney. Ignorance is not an excuse for a president, no matter how hard Obama attempts to continue that legacy, but I have a much higher regard for W's character than Cheneys. W should have known better and been a better leader. He simply made some really poor choices and it cost us.

I have little doubt that Cheney subversively worked to get us in that war. I don't think W was nearly as nefarious. I think he was a lot closer to congress (who all voted for it) than he was Cheney. Ignorance is not an excuse for a president, no matter how hard Obama attempts to continue that legacy, but I have a much higher regard for W's character than Cheneys. W should have known better and been a better leader. He simply made some really poor choices and it cost us.

Geez, Wrangor is going to be as bad about Obama as bkf and rjkarl were about Bush. Complete non-sequitur about Obama here.

And PH is going to be as bad as moonz here pretty quick for following me around whenever I mention the 'O' word. HEAVEN FORBID I compare two presidents whose policies and personal responsibility enjoy many many similarities and who happen to be back to back presidents. The shock! The horror! lol

Wrangor, are you equating "if you like your plan, you can keep it" to the lead up to the Iraq War?

Re-read your post. The first part of that sentence about Obama doesn't make any sense and isn't in context. What ignorance are you comparing? You didn't even claim Bush was ignorant. You're becoming like bkf and rjkarl. Any post can tee up an out of context rant.

Except for the bizarre jab at Obama, I agree with this.

That fucked up war created ISIS, and all the subsequent bad shit that has occurred there. Bush and Cheney should have been impeached and convicted.

Obama has sucked a fat dick at foreign policy too. Remember Libya? And Syria?

Bush may have created the void for ISIS but Obama is the one that initially armed them. They were later armed by left over Iraqi army weapons which came from Bush.

So yeah they both sucked out loud.

Wrangor, are you equating "if you like your plan, you can keep it" to the lead up to the Iraq War?

Re-read your post. The first part of that sentence about Obama doesn't make any sense and isn't in context. What ignorance are you comparing? You didn't even claim Bush was ignorant. You're becoming like bkf and rjkarl. Any post can tee up an out of context rant.

'Rant' as defined by google dictionary:

'to speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way'

I am not ranting. I am not speaking at length. I am certainly not wild or impassioned. I made a comment. You disagree with my comment, you are welcome to do that. But me making a comment that is disagreeable to you is not a rant. In addition, the strategy of linking my posting style or substance to two of the message boards most divisive and often reviled characters is both unnecessary and subversive. It is a classic political strategy of defining your adversary rather then letting them speak. I am not sure when you became so prickly towards me, but I would appreciate it if you toned it down a bit professor.

obama armed ISIS?

I thought most of those weapons came from "the Surge" which had fixed everything until Obama fucked it up by honoring the ROTA that Bush signed in 2008 with a now sovereign country.

Obama has sucked on foreign policy bc he has not sent our troops to fight a gang war in the Middle East!!

Fuck you're naive sometimes.

Back