• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Surprise! Bush & Cheney lied to push us into a deadly, unnecessary war

"It is high time my fellow conservatives joined me in a 12-steps realization, and mea culpa, regarding our foreign-policy errors of the post 9-11 era. Many nowadays, thankfully, have the integrity to make the admission: Each year, the number of Republicans who openly admit that the Iraq “war” — ahem, invasion — was a mistake ticks up."

http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article21512862.html

Hard to believe middle east is now in even worse shape than 10 years ago. Astonishing how quickly isis is gobbling up syria and iraq.

Perhaps. Better to be naive than a cynic.

buddy_christ.jpg

Not hard to believe. When a foreign power swoops in and decimates the leadership structure, it creates a vacuum for local powers to take over. And if ISIS goes down, the next power will come in. And so forth and so on. It does make a great foundation for the military industrial complex. There's always a war.

i read this thread and i still think:

ok, so what? this is like sitting in 1919 complaining about Kaiser Wilhelm's behavior in 1914

They were known formerly as the Syrian opposition

There were a shit ton of groups that were "Syrian opposition" groups. The US only armed a small percentage of said groups. And the arming of those groups only happened after ISIS became a bigger player in the region. Therefore, the group known as ISIS, which was too extreme for Al Qaeda, was not one of those groups armed by the US.

You are dead wrong here, Brasky. Not only about the current administration arming ISIS but also that ISIS was THE Syrian opposition. Some estimates have had it as high as 1,000 different "Syrian opposition" groups in the country at one time.

Who's the most effect fighting force in opposing Assad?

Who captured a Palestinian refugee camp three miles from the presidential palace?

You really think ISIS isn't using any weapons we initially provided to the Assad opposition?

Come on fucktards. Grow up.

And District go fuck yourself. You are becoming a RJ level stalker. You must really get butthurt when I make my tongue in check Wake nerd jokes. You must really be a pathetic douchebag.

Last edited:
And District go fuck yourself. You are becoming a RJ level stalker. You must really get butthurt when I make my tongue in check Wake nerd jokes. You must really be a pathetic douchebag.

You posted around 3:30 this afternoon. District posted his response at midnight...8 and a half hours later. You responded to his comment 18 minutes later.
To think that he only came to this thread to quote and comment on something you posted is nearly delusions of grandeur. ....which was an rjkarl trait. So be careful.

And ISIS taking weapons from people we provided them to, even though the people we provided weapons to in Syria are among the best at fighting ISIS, is certainly a possibility. Just as it is a reality that the weapons we provided the Iraqi army are now being used by ISIS after they stormed though Northern Iraq last year.

None of that means that the United States of America provided weapons to ISIS. ISIS took weapons from people we did give them too, the Iraqi Army, and also possibly took them from rebel forces in Syria, although as far as I know, that hasn't been proven, but I accept the possibility.

Oh, and the Free Syrian Army is better at fighting Assad's regime than ISIS.

Yeah bc that's what I meant DV7. This is about the sixth or seventh time District has been a complete cunt to me to after I posted on a thread that he wasn't involved in. That cunt bag definitely has some beef with me.

I have no delusions of grandeur homeslice. I know how inconsequential and unimportant I am.

Opposing Assad was as dumb as opposing Gaddafi. Sadly all these Mohammad lovers know is the whip. I'd rather it be a strongman than a bunch of "mullahs/Imams/etc", who just want to watch the world burn. It would be like following Jim Jones. Hopefully we've finally learned our lesson about that shit.

I've read your posts 10 times now, and I still don't know what you are asserting (good/bad/shia/sunni/Iraq/Syria/US armed/not armed).

I'm not trying to be childish or confrontational, but lets say I'm an AK-47 in the hands of an ISIS fighter, how did I get there, who do I want to kill with me, and why?

Yeah bc that's what I meant DV7. This is about the sixth or seventh time District has been a complete cunt to me to after I posted on a thread that he wasn't involved in. That cunt bag definitely has some beef with me.

I have no delusions of grandeur homeslice. I know how inconsequential and unimportant I am.

Opposing Assad was as dumb as opposing Gaddafi. Sadly all these Mohammad lovers know is the whip. I'd rather it be a strongman than a bunch of "mullahs/Imams/etc", who just want to watch the world burn. It would be like following Jim Jones. Hopefully we've finally learned our lesson about that shit.

Well you cracked that difficult code. I don't like you. You come onto the message board of a school that you could have never attended, attempt to belittle the people who actual were successful enough to go there, brag about your 4.0 in your first year of a basic teaching program like its some feat that no one else here could accomplish, and then spout off ill-informed opinions like you actually have any idea of what you are talking about.

So I'm going to continue to point out when you make yourself look like a dumbass. Maybe you'll change, maybe you'll leave, maybe you'll continue to get pissy. Doesn't really matter to me.

Well you cracked that difficult code. I don't like you. You come onto the message board of a school that you could have never attended, attempt to belittle the people who actual were successful enough to go there, brag about your 4.0 in your first year of a basic teaching program like its some feat that no one else here could accomplish, and then spout off ill-informed opinions like you actually have any idea of what you are talking about.

So I'm going to continue to point out when you make yourself look like a dumbass. Maybe you'll change, maybe you'll leave, maybe you'll continue to get pissy. Doesn't really matter to me.

20-Funny-Shocked-Cat-Memes-3.jpg

My turn-

As to DV7's charges....I guess "my terms" of not starting fights with each other, not insulting are way too tough for him. Those were my "terms".

As to calling Townie a "classless piece of shit". I absolutely standby that terminology.

By definition a "Private Message" is supposed to be private. To start a thread to post multiple Private Messages shows one to be an untrustworthy, classless piece of shit.

It illustrates why he'll never be anything other than a mid-level lackey at third rate companies or non-profits. If you can't keep things private on a crummy internet board, how can you be trusted in the real world with things that matter to people and companies?

I fully understand why Townie hold so much resentment and jealousy towards me. His #1 position on the old boards and here has been to the uber-cool music guy.

His posting of just another night in my life that included Prince shows this.

By the time I was his age, I had hung out with people like Bonnie Raitt, Cyndi Lauper, Rick Danko and many more. I regularly played basketball with the wonderful Grover Washington, Jr. Hell, he'd never sleep if he could have hung out with people like The Hooters. A few years after I was his age that list grew dramatically.

Townie would kill TO lick the balls of an indie rocker who would let him wipe his ass.

He'd jerk off in public if a band he managed and produced would play at places like CBGB or opened for legends like Paul Butterfield, John Mayall, Rick Danko and others.

I understand his gross jealousy and resentment for others who have lived only what had lived the dreams he's had since he was ten, but that's not my fault.

It's also not an excuse to betray confidences.

So, yes his actions have earned calling him a classless piece of shit. It's sad, but it's on him.

couldn't hack it at bama so xferred to uncc

Back