• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: One World (premiere 2/15)

LadyDeac03

Reaction score
New article on EW.

A couple interesting things about the new season/cast.

I'll use spoiler mode in case people want to be completely surprised at the premiere.

Both tribes will be living together on one beach

The tribes will be men vs. women

My favorite! No more Redemption Island!!!! = more reward challenges

"Among the other new wrinkles is the introduction of something Probst calls “Do It Yourself Challenges,” a few of which will be sprinkled throughout the season. (A similar experiment took place on Survivor: Samoa when confused contestants arrived at a challenge only to find some crates and no Probst.) This time, these Probst-less competitions will take place back at camp. Tribes will receive materials and instructions informing them of the rules so that they can then conduct their own challenge."

"This time, there will be two idols hidden at the camp — one for each tribe — but finding your tribe’s idol does not guarantee your safety. Instead, as Probst explains, “When you find the idol, you can’t use it for yourself. You have to give it to someone from the other tribe.” The trick will be picking the right person to give it to, and perhaps getting concessions in return — not to mention lobbying for the other team’s idol once someone finds it."

Looks like lots of interesting things for this season!

A lot of format changes usually is not a good sign going forward

A lot of format changes usually is not a good sign going forward

I kind of agree that they shouldn't implement lots of format changes at once. However, it is season what, 22 or something? Mixing it up isn't the worst thing.

Also, one of the changes is going back to how it used to be. And another is something that they've done before. So it's not all crazy.

with men/women on the same beach but separate teams, I wonder how much fraternizing there will be.... I wonder if there will be anyone who romances someone else for information.

I am pretty interested in seeing how this season goes.

with {stuff the OP put in spoiler tags}

I am pretty interested in seeing how this season goes.

Haha, well there goes half the spoilers. I haven't watched this show in a while, maybe I'll see if this season is good.

Last edited:
Are they bringing back past contestants? I feel that's kind of run its course.

lol, sorry.

i don't really think of those things as spoilers because jeff explained all of that at the finale last time...

---------- ------ sucked royally, glad it is gone.

TOTALLY agree. I didn't like it from the beginning.

Are they bringing back past contestants? I feel that's kind of run its course.

No! I've liked some of the players they brought back (*cough* Boston Rob *cough*), but I think it's better when everyone is new.

lol, sorry.

i don't really think of those things as spoilers because jeff explained all of that at the finale last time...

I agree. But since I got yelled at for spoilers on another TV show thread, I thought I'd be careful not to offend anyone this time :thumbsup:

Anyone watching tonight? Tough to figure out who to root for. Seems like more unlikeable people than likeable so far...

I'm pretty sure the older woman with short reddish blond hair is a meth head. She's got all sorts of weird facial cuts/sores going on. It's the 2nd day!

I'm pretty sure the older woman with short reddish blond hair is a meth head. She's got all sorts of weird facial cuts/sores going on. It's the 2nd day!

Pretty sure she fell face first into the net in the challenge. Could be wrong though.

Btw, Alicia seems like a huge bitch.

Pretty sure she fell face first into the net in the challenge. Could be wrong though.

Btw, Alicia seems like a huge bitch.

Yeah I guess that's possible. But she likely does meth as well.

The girl who broke her wrist seemed pretty cool, though she wouldn't have lasted anyway. The guys have too many similarities. There's 4 Abercrombie models who are basically the same. The midget and the japanese-american guy are my picks.

Just caught up. Kat is an idiot. The Colton drama is not compelling television. It's annoying.

And I agree that Colton is annoying. I assume a lot of his schtick is an act, but who knows.

those guys must be the dumbest motherfuckers in the world or the producers told them that they must play along with colton's games...i have no idea how that smug, spoiled a-hole came to control the game on the men's side.

bwahahaha what IDIOTS!

Colton is making a play for the most unlikable guy ever to play the game.

Tarzan: "Colton is misunderstood. I mean, he is a gay racist bigot who only has black employees in this life and calls Lief an ummpa lummpa, but he is misunderstood." What idiots.

Back