• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Season 36 - Ghost Island

Have enjoyed the season so far, but the last couple of episodes were snoozers. I guess there are still a few more folks that need to leave before things get more interesting.

Chris is a weird dude. I actually softened my stance on him a few weeks ago when he was on Ghost Island and talked about his mom... But he continues to be painful in his arrogance.

Bradley is just a little bitch.

I find Jenna annoying, for some reason. I think it is just because she reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriends.

Sebastian seems like a good guy, but he's weird looking. Is that OK to say about someone? He just looks weird. Like he used to be a woman or something.

Angela is a sympathetic character, but I don't think she has what it takes to make it very far from this point.

I like Michael a lot so far. Seems to know when to keep quiet and when to be vocal.

Other than that, I don't really have favorites. Wendell & Laurel seem cool, I guess. I don't dislike Dom or Donathan.

Have enjoyed the season so far, but the last couple of episodes were snoozers. I guess there are still a few more folks that need to leave before things get more interesting.

Chris is a weird dude. I actually softened my stance on him a few weeks ago when he was on Ghost Island and talked about his mom... But he continues to be painful in his arrogance.

Bradley is just a little bitch.

I find Jenna annoying, for some reason. I think it is just because she reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriends.

Sebastian seems like a good guy, but he's weird looking. Is that OK to say about someone? He just looks weird. Like he used to be a woman or something.

Angela is a sympathetic character, but I don't think she has what it takes to make it very far from this point.

I like Michael a lot so far. Seems to know when to keep quiet and when to be vocal.

Other than that, I don't really have favorites. Wendell & Laurel seem cool, I guess. I don't dislike Dom or Donathan.

I pretty much agree with all of that (except I don't dislike Jenna at this point). I had similar thoughts about Sea Bass for sure.

Interestingly, Dalton talks about Bradley a bit in EW this week:

Chris Noble Lite
Chris Noble is not the only guy out there who loves nothing more than to give himself props. Bradley was ecstatic to finally be out of the “slum” of Malolo and back on Naviti with his biggest ally in Domenick. And he was also thrilled to pat himself on the back for a game well played. “In terms of this game, maybe I’m a little better than I thought I was,” Bradley told us before quickly correcting himself. “I thought I was fantastic, but maybe I actually am as fantastic as I think because I really feel like I am playing an A+ game.”

People will no doubt jump on that and continue to jump on Bradley as insufferable. And that quote would seem to put him in the same mold as Chris Noble, but I don’t see the two as comparable in the least. Because there is a one huge difference between the two, and that difference is this: Bradley knows exactly what he is doing. Not in the game, necessarily. I have no idea if he’s actually any good at this. He’s been in the majority the entire time so we haven’t had a chance to see if he has any skills. But he knows exactly what he’s doing in terms of exactly what he says and exactly how he will be perceived.

Bradley wants to be a Survivor villain. He is completely self-aware and loves playing up his cockiness. He’s clearly just having fun with it. He knows it’s going to rub a lot of people the wrong way, but he doesn’t care. To him, that is part of the Survivor experience. I don’t get the sense that Chris Noble always knows how the things he says will be perceived by others, but Bradley does. That’s what makes the two so different.

I’m not saying you have to like Bradley at all. In fact, I think he’s happier in a way if you don’t like him. Some would say it is better to be loathed than simply not noticed, and Bradley has found a way to make that happen.

Two thoughts:

1. I loved Coach, so of course I love Chris. Same archetype, except with the wrinkle that Chris is actually good at challenges.

2. Bradley is a nerd, but a rude EVIL nerd which is infinitely more interesting than whatever fake news Zeke and Cambodia Spencer were trying to pander to us with. At least he's self aware, is what I'm saying. Complaining about the quality of a camp on Survivor kills me! Hell, he even was bodying Brendan's middle school students on instagram when they came at him: https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/84qoxk/brendans_students_about_last_nights_episode/

On Bradley - yea you guys are right about him. He definitely knows what he’s doing. I compared him to Chris earlier but really not much to compare except they are both mostly hatable ( for different reasons). Had no idea that Survivor discussions got some deep on Reddit (which makes my eyes hurt).

Jenna - that is a weird looking chick. Her skin is very odd. That’s all I’ve gathered so far.

Sebastian - agree he just confuses me because he looks weird. Weird shape not often seen in humans.

James - that exit was bizarre. Seemed like he wanted to make his role/exit on the show much more dramatic/important than it was. Was he seriously blindsided? Kind of hilarious really. He was a non event the whole time he was there.

Dom - hated him in the first 5 minutes when he came out guns a-blazing which was an huge early red flag and seemed to be trying too hard but I may come around on him yet. Seems OK at this point but well see. The fact that he lets Chris get so far under his skin reveals some mental weakness.

Laurel and Michael - both come across as having most of the tools needed to get far and possibly become worthy contenders, Laurel needs to step up and make moves later and Micheal just needs to catch some good luck.

James - that exit was bizarre. Seemed like he wanted to make his role/exit on the show much more dramatic/important than it was. Was he seriously blindsided? Kind of hilarious really. He was a non event the whole time he was there.

Wasn't a blindside because there wasn't a hashtag for it. Survivor hashtags so frequently, they start the day with #breakfast. Yet, they didn't #blindside there.

My question is why they didn't get rid of Michael instead. I'm glad cause I like him. But isn't he a much bigger threat than James? And both are pretty strong if you're considering tribe strength.

My question is why they didn't get rid of Michael instead. I'm glad cause I like him. But isn't he a much bigger threat than James? And both are pretty strong if you're considering tribe strength.

I was thinking because they wanted to keep the tribe as strong as possible. But yea Michael is the far bigger threat

Agree with all of that.

I also wonder why in that situation when you’ve got 5 with a well known flip-flopper in the middle, why there wouldn’t be a discussion between the 2 on the left and the 2 on the right about just going with the guaranteed route and get rid of the middle person (Angela) who happened to be a weak unpredictable middler.

I think there were discussions between Michael and the other side that weren’t shown where he just conceded.

Agree with all of that.

I also wonder why in that situation when you’ve got 5 with a well known flip-flopper in the middle, why there wouldn’t be a discussion between the 2 on the left and the 2 on the right about just going with the guaranteed route and get rid of the middle person (Angela) who happened to be a weak unpredictable middler.

I think there were discussions between Michael and the other side that weren’t shown where he just conceded.

I've wondered that about the flipper before too. Cause I feel like it's happened at least once many seasons ago. But I guess the threat of being tied on the next vote would make you try to stay your course if you're in the perceived majority.

There had to be... I think by omitting key conversations they were just trying to make tribal more dramatic when there really wasn't a compelling story to be told.

How is the idol authentic if the original was thrown in the fire?

How is the idol authentic if the original was thrown in the fire?

There were a few dumb things like that last night. If you looked closely at the competition, they made it look dramatic between Angela & Chelsea when it really wasn't. Showed Chelsea's ball rolling a bit before Angela's dropped... But when they did a wide shot of Angela's ball falling, Chelsea's hadn't moved. I assume the took footage of Chelsea from later on and looped it in.

I know they have to try to create drama, but the stuff w/ Donathan maybe using his idol on Jenna was dumb, too.

Back