• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Season 36 - Ghost Island

Producers chose Ben to win, and made it happen with the idols and the last "advantage" that Chrissy won that cost her a million bucks. Joke of an ending. Also think that the Jury getting to physically see Ben's moves at tribal (all of his idols he so conveniently found) made them partial to him. They didn't get to physically see Chrissy dominate challenges (A few did but not after they got voted out) and play a better social game. Back to that "advantage", do you typically have to play an advantage? If that's what they want to call it she should have been able to not use it.

It seemed like they were trying to make it clear (since it was read out loud a few times) that the "advantage was in the form of information." i.e. the twist was happening no matter what. But the "advantage" Chrissy had was knowing about it in advance so she could do with that knowledge whatever she wanted. She could've kept it to herself, but she shared it with Devon in hopes he would prepare.

Also, your comment on the producers helping Ben was apparently shared by some former players (Pavarti and Courtney both tweeted the same thing as per Dalton on EW)

The first idol that Ben found (which was on the way back from a confessional) was definitely sketchy, and the way they handled the F4 twist was also suspect. It should have been explained to the cast before the game began. Luckily the Ghost Island people knew about it beforehand even though the season was shot this past Spring.

Can't fault Ben, because all he did was play within the rules of the game.

Last edited:
Glad Ben won. Chrissy annoyed me all season.

I mean, I would have been fine with her winning, given she won those 4 challenges. But she was just so smug all season with no real reason to be that way (until the last few days, maybe).

Ben was the story of the season from day one, for better or worse. Can’t argue that he didn’t play hard.

Finally watched the last few episodes last night. My wife and I both thought the season was pretty boring but the episodes starting with Joe being voted off were great. Ben was a deserving winner. He just kept doing what he needed to do. Thought that they made the idols too easy to find. I like having them but they should be more of a challenge. I liked the change in deciding the Final 3- of course, I think there should only be a Final 2 and this is closer to that.

By the way, did you know that Chrissy tied the record for individual immunity wins with 4?

I had a friend suggest they do a season with zero idols. But don't tell the contestants. And have them keep searching and suspecting each other, etc.

I had a friend suggest they do a season with zero idols. But don't tell the contestants. And have them keep searching and suspecting each other, etc.

Yes! Bring back Ben and the spy shack guy.

Jacob's two episode arc gave me a panic attack because he is the other side of the neurotic superfan coin and the ultimate cautionary tale for why you shouldn't apply on that basis alone

I'm convinced that he is the avatar for how 95% of r/Survivor would play

I was just coming to ask if anyone's watching. I just had a chance to see the double ep last night. I would say a strong first two episodes and some interesting personalities. Always love starting a new season of Survivor

I was just coming to ask if anyone's watching. I just had a chance to see the double ep last night. I would say a strong first two episodes and some interesting personalities. Always love starting a new season of Survivor

I am. I love Donathan and glad he's still around.

Not sure how they consider the first vote a blindside. Is anyone really comfortable then?

I really like the Ghost Island theme. I think the new contestants have a lot of potential. I was sorry to see Seth Rogen get voted off. He was interesting. Overall a solid start to the new season.

To me Stephanie seems like she could be a genius, functioning superfan. I’m interested to see how she does.

Donathan was great and very interesting character. The longer he holds on the better. Probst knew that and that’s why he gave him such an endorsement.

Last edited:
I really like the Ghost Island theme. I think the new contestants have a lot of potential. I was sorry to see Seth Rogen get voted off. He was interesting. Overall a solid start to the new season.

Haha. I had the exact same association. Totally Seth Rogan.

You knew Jacob wasn't going to make it out there when his shoes got washed away the first time he went to the beach.

To me Stephanie seems like she could be a genius, functioning superfan. I’m interested to see how she does.

Donathan was great and very interesting character. The longer he holds on the better. Probst knew that and that’s why he gave him such an endorsement.

You know your Southern accent is bad when you are speaking English and they still have to use subtitles.

I didn't like Jacob at all. Weird for the sake of being weird.

I found myself hoping Jacob had pulled the votes together to stay alive but oh well. The season will probably end up being better that he's off but he was interesting at least.

Jacob's two episode arc gave me a panic attack because he is the other side of the neurotic superfan coin and the ultimate cautionary tale for why you shouldn't apply on that basis alone

I'm convinced that he is the avatar for how 95% of r/Survivor would play

totally agree. get your shit together superfans.

I hope Stephanie represents the superfans well. She seemed to show some good instincts lulling Jacob into security last week.

Michael also seems to be a superfan (indicating he'd been watching since he was younger).

Very enjoyable Tribal Council. Complicated play with a lot of moving parts but the Malolo originals figured it out and punked the Nu-Malolos

Gotta find a copy to watch. The ACC tourney pushed my recording to early morning and it missed the last 20 min.

CBS requires a CBS website sub to see their content.

Back