• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sutton Sports Performance Center Catches Fire At Wake Forest University

RJ is the RJ of this thread.

It is hilarious that RJ at this point thinks people don't know exactly what he is about. There's literally a GIF that sums it up.

That GIF is about having fun and being involved in your team at a venue that was like watching a game with friends in a living room.

But nice dodge...exactly how do you know what was going on in a place before you were born?

My bad, just use my name to avoid answering the question. It works so well.

Anyone else surprised that more old photos of current officeholders in blackface haven't cropped up? Northam and Herring can't be the only politicians with that particular skeleton in the closet. Maybe the opposition research guys are holding their powder for October surprises.

maybe they have better shit to do than reading their old yearbooks.

I still don't understand why this is a topic. She stood there in a picture that she freely admits was wrong. I can list out 10 things I did in college that I freely admit were wrong, mostly because kids in college are pretty stupid. Her life since has proven she's about the literal opposite of the confederate flag. What else do you want beyond 20+ years of deeds? If you can't say "dang, that was stupid, I'm so thankful you've grown past that ugly history" when someone has done so, you're the problem.

I still don't understand why this is a topic. She stood there in a picture that she freely admits was wrong. I can list out 10 things I did in college that I freely admit were wrong, mostly because kids in college are pretty stupid. Her life since has proven she's about the literal opposite of the confederate flag. What else do you want beyond 20+ years of deeds? If you can't say "dang, that was stupid, I'm so thankful you've grown past that ugly history" when someone has done so, you're the problem.

Only 10? I'm sorry you didn't have enough fun...

That GIF is about having fun and being involved in your team at a venue that was like watching a game with friends in a living room.

But nice dodge...exactly how do you know what was going on in a place before you were born?

My bad, just use my name to avoid answering the question. It works so well.

Lolz. Let's hear more thoughts on RJ about 'having fun' and 'friends'.

As a member of the group that came along 30 years later, I think I can still probably discern more about them than you could by being there at the same time, but probably not in the same places or definitely not the same social spaces.

RJKarl gifs are the best.

6Jpy.gif

Lolz. Let's hear more thoughts on RJ about 'having fun' and 'friends'.

As a member of the group that came along 30 years later, I think I can still probably discern more about them than you could by being there at the same time, but probably not in the same places or definitely not the same social spaces.

Thanks...this is one most batshit crazy and fake rationalization imaginable.

You are 100% correct. She gave the right answer.

The reason there is 23 pages on this appears to be because a few KAs are trying to tell the rest of us that they weren't racist and their use of the Confederate flag was no big deal.

The reason there is 23 pages on this appears to be because a few KAs are trying to tell the rest of us that they weren't racist and their use of the Confederate flag was no big deal.

Nice. KAs were daddy's Land Rover driving, racist, misogynistic douche bags back when I was at Wake. I can't imagine their opinion is one we should take seriously when discussing the confederate flag.

Well you got to add in a little righteous social justice warrior indignation too

Last edited:
No. I think I went in there once freshman year. I don’t even remember knowing any KAs. I partied everywhere else though. Usually Sigma Nu and Sigma Pi.

We've already answered this 5 pages ago.

BC they were kids, BC more than likely they just didn't think about it, or just didn't care. A passive stance that most of them probably regret now, but just didn't have the worldview or maturity or enough meaningful interactions with african-americans to appreciate the implications of their actions in 1980. It's certainly fair in 2019 to ask 'why did you do that?' or 'what is your stance on the flag now?' and then listen to their explanation.

Just like if we went back and looked at 19 year old PH in the yearbook, posing outside the sociology building in a black Green Lantern Tee, Zubaz pants, clunky horn rimmed glasses, and Karl Malone LA Gear hightops, we might ask....'Were you an giant dork then?' or 'Did no one ever teach you how to dress?' or 'Did you have any friends that were not virgins?' and then we might then follow up with questions on how you've changed like 'Have you learned how to dress like an adult?' or 'Do you let your wife purchase and pick out your clothes now?'

Social commentary aside, the places Ph partied lend credence to the fashion choices described.

Back