• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Swank Signs with the Jags.

Missed FGs in both the ACC Championship Game and the Orange Bowl.

The ACCC miss was the only shank I ever saw this dude hit in my 4 years there (including practices). I could attribute it to many factors (huge game, playing said huge game in home town, weather was rainy so bad footing, it was cold so tight muscles, and that damn sod they put on the field between the hashes for the game was twice a long as the rest of the grass on the field...whatever we won b/c of 3 fgs made to gt's 2. OB miss was by no means a gimme. 47 yards as time was expiring before half (and on the play clock FWIW) of a huge game (freaking left hash!) Just adding my 2cents for sake of conversation and not arguing by any means.

Last edited:
The end-of-game coaching against Virginia in '07 was beyond atrocious. They were so afraid of Chris Long they wasted over a minute of clock time that could have been used to get in better position. A 49 yarder is no gimme. God, I was pissed off after that game.
I agree. I had an in-line -view of the kick down the right hash. Straight, but just a tad to the right - can't believe we didn't center the ball.

Can we get back to how absolutely horrendous Mare was last year? He is a pathetic excuse for an nfl kicker. They didn't try a 52 yarder early in the season because he didn't have the leg. What a giant gaping mangina.

The end-of-game coaching against Virginia in '07 was beyond atrocious. They were so afraid of Chris Long they wasted over a minute of clock time that could have been used to get in better position. A 49 yarder is no gimme. God, I was pissed off after that game.

I agree. I had an in-line -view of the kick down the right hash. Straight, but just a tad to the right - can't believe we didn't center the ball.

Me, buckets, and dented were sitting on The Hill for that game. From our viewpoint, field goal was good. We were celebrating UVA crowd was pissed... refs waved it off.

One of the drunkest nights of my life. Started at 7 for a noon game... Went to bars... Found out an ex had cheated on me... Ran into BBD... We did a bunch of shots. Game. Over.

from 49 yards, what is the actual difference in the width of the goalposts on the hash vs. centered? 3 inches?

i can't find anything that says exactly, but i did realize just how tight the kicker's aim has to be from 49 yards vs from 19 yards. That's impressive.

from 49 yards, what is the actual difference in the width of the goalposts on the hash vs. centered? 3 inches?

Without really thinking this through, doesn't centering just mean you can kick straight on rather than to the left or right? I know that the target size doesn't change much there, but what about having to aim left-right as opposed to dead on?

I was there, and was sitting about 2 sections to the right of where most of the Wake fans were, about on the 15. I didn't get a real good view of the kick; in fact, I thought he made it.

I've never been a place-kicker - However, I have to believe anything from off-center has some mental aspect to it. And it was the hash spot (max) - One variable that might have been avoided. As I said - he kicked it almost perfectly straight.

Without really thinking this through, doesn't centering just mean you can kick straight on rather than to the left or right? I know that the target size doesn't change much there, but what about having to aim left-right as opposed to dead on?

Think it through then.

That didn't last long. Hope he got a bonus check to cash for his time.

jaguarsinsider ‏ @jaguarsinsider
Jaguars waive six players: Deji Karim, JoJo Dickson, Jammie Kirlew, Stephen Franklin, Sam Swank, Trumaine McBride

Back