• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Switzer Fair Catch?

I know the refs eventually got the play right, but we should have knocked the living shit out of him. Watson was right there and should have absolutely decapitated him.

If he wants to run bush league bullshit with his hands and the refs aren't sure enough to stop him, then the defense needs to take it into their own hands. Knock his lights out, give him a concussion and then he won't run that BS anymore. Or if he does then he can wait a month or two to do it.

FIFY

I was at that game, and also at Kenan in 2005 when Mike Zeglinski ran one back for a TD in a Deacon win. I'm sure this is a Haas, but IIRC after graduation Zegelinksi hung around Winston to run the White Horse Pub, which eventually led to Ziggy's.

Ziggy's founded after 2005? Tell us more.

John? Sammy? Marley? Hoo's he talking about?

I know the refs eventually got the play right, but we should have knocked the living shit out of him. Watson was right there and should have absolutely decleated him.

If he wants to run bush league bullshit with his hands and the refs aren't sure enough to stop him, then the defense needs to take it into their own hands. Knock his lights out, give him a concussion and then he won't run that BS anymore. Or if he does then he can wait a month or two to do it.

Somebody will eventually. I think he's done it before in the past as well. Maybe against State.

Why are y'all still talking about this? We got smashed.

Yeah, is this UNC fans still whining about it, or Wake fans obsessing over it?

Glad we didn't decleat the guy. Hole fans would whine about that forever, and our guy probably would have been ejected for targeting. Much rather have them whine about a call that went against them in a 50-17 win, than hear for the next 30+ years how we are a dirty team...see LSU (Kenny Smith-1984), BC (Derrick Phelps-1994), Creighton (Kendall Marshall), etc.

A friend of mine had the pleasure of listening to Tuesday's Fedora Show. He wouldn't comment about it, but the fans in attendance were booing pretty strongly still.

A friend of mine had the pleasure of listening to Tuesday's Fedora Show. He wouldn't comment about it, but the fans in attendance were booing pretty strongly still.

I really don't understand what they are complaining about. Didn't our guys stop because they heard the whistle? There were only two possible outcomes of the play - if the refs don't blow the whistle, UNC punt returner dude gets dropped in his tracks. If they do blow the whistle, our guys stop and the ball is dead right there anyway.
Are they complaining about the 5 yard penalty? Once they blew the whistle and UNC punt returner dude tries to run, they had no choice but the call the penalty. Either that or declare it an inadvertent whistle, I guess.

Well, because they are entitled and none too bright, they want the result of the punt return. This is the type of crap their basketball team pulls and gets away with (see: scoreboard play). If their punt returner was truly good, he would not have to rely on these tactics. But it's just UNC fans being blindly partisan and ignorant of the rules.

Yeah, is this UNC fans still whining about it, or Wake fans obsessing over it?

Glad we didn't decleat the guy. Hole fans would whine about that forever, and our guy probably would have been ejected for targeting.
I believe it's legal to hit the guy if he fakes a fair catch signal like that, which is why we weren't called for touching him. Everything happened so fast, decleating the guy would have been reasonable outcome!

I really don't understand what they are complaining about. Didn't our guys stop because they heard the whistle? There were only two possible outcomes of the play - if the refs don't blow the whistle, UNC punt returner dude gets dropped in his tracks. If they do blow the whistle, our guys stop and the ball is dead right there anyway.
Are they complaining about the 5 yard penalty? Once they blew the whistle and UNC punt returner dude tries to run, they had no choice but the call the penalty. Either that or declare it an inadvertent whistle, I guess.
The rules must be UNClear.

Back