• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Switzer Fair Catch?

Was it an obvious signal? No.

Should he be motioning his arm in front like that if he didn't intend for a fair catch? Definitely not.

Don't think it should have been blown dead at all. His arm did not go up in the air at all. After that who knows what would have happened, but since the whistle blew, everybody stopped.

Don't think it should have been blown dead at all. His arm did not go up in the air at all. After that who knows what would have happened, but since the whistle blew, everybody stopped.

He made a motion with his arm. He was trying to get away with making that half-assed motion to get our defenders to slow up and maybe even stop. But the refs saw it for what it was and made the call. He is a little shit. I hope someone hits him, hard.

He's a punk. That was a punk move and he was caught. What was that finger waving at the ref BS? I hope he gets cracked hard by somebody.

Turns out it was an "invalid signal" which means that you don't get the benefits of a fair catch but the ball is dead where you catch it. So we could have trucked him and not gotten a flag

He's a punk. That was a punk move and he was caught. What was that finger waving at the ref BS? I hope he gets cracked hard by somebody.

They're playing Miami. I'd be willing to be he gets leveled in that game.

They're playing Miami. I'd be willing to be he gets leveled in that game.

1360175536_boba_fett_movie-oo2.jpg

In this new era of trying to protect players against concussions, any arm movement a punt returner makes is going to get called as a fair catch. It is just the new reality and punt returners have to know that they cant even twitch if they want a return.

I take it TheReff only refs basketball? One of the few times he criticizes a ref's call, it favors UNC. Closet hole fan?

Punk move by a punk tarheel - trying to fool defenders into stopping and then returning. He heard the whistle just like our guys did and then he runs like the play is still live. Man I wish we had lit him up!

I'm not sure how the finger wag wasn't taunting because it went on forever. I guess the refs were too busy huddling to talk about the fair catch?

Exactly. Our move should be to blow up the returner if there is ANY DOUBT. What the &$^%$ do we have to lose...as a program...anything?

Assuming it's not a short field, I've always thought you should blow up the returner once anyway, just to give them something to think about the rest of the game. :willynilly:

What do you think the Heels would be saying if one of our guys just tattood him? They would all be saying it was a Fair Catch signal.

ACC came out today and supported the referees call

ACC should, Switzer made a motion with his hand interpreted as a fair catch by the official who blew the play dead upon the catch causing our guys to go into contortions to avoid contact. Switzer then took off with the ball and did not turn the ball to an official thereby incurring a delay of game penalty.

I don't know anything about Switzer, but just from watching the video of the finger wagging, dude seems like a d-bag.

I couldn't tell whether he intended to fake a fair catch call when he moved his arm or whether it was a movement without the intent to game the system, but it was the correct call either way. He had his arm halfway up his chest and he would have gotten knocked the fuck out if the refs hadn't called the play dead.

Back