• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse Bitch Slapped

I REALLY hope Manning proves to be a superstar. The ACC is going to be wide open over the next 5-10 years given this result for Syracuse, the looming issues for UNC and the fact that K is pushing 70 years old.

If I were Roy, I'd be making retirement plans.

@CharlesRobinson: NCAA agreed to cap the stripped #Syracuse basketball wins dating back to May of 2003. #Syrcause won NCAA title in April of 2003. Remarkable.

@GaryParrishCBS: The title will stay! RT @DanWolken: Syracuse/NCAA negotiated a statute of limitations for eligibility violations of 5/4/03. How convenient.

Banners are staying up in CH guys.

@CharlesRobinson: NCAA agreed to cap the stripped #Syracuse basketball wins dating back to May of 2003. #Syrcause won NCAA title in April of 2003. Remarkable.

@GaryParrishCBS: The title will stay! RT @DanWolken: Syracuse/NCAA negotiated a statute of limitations for eligibility violations of 5/4/03. How convenient.

Banners are staying up in CH guys.

Yep, if the NCAA ever gets around to UNC, they will conveniently strip all wins in years not ending in '93, '05, and '09.

Syracuse is one of the few schools with a bigger presence in national sports media than UNC. I expect these folks to be putting out a lot of pressure for a proportionate response for the Heels.

I REALLY hope Manning proves to be a superstar. The ACC is going to be wide open over the next 5-10 years given this result for Syracuse, the looming issues for UNC and the fact that K is pushing 70 years old.

If I were Roy, I'd be making retirement plans.

Enter the era of Danny Manning vs Tony Bennett!!!!

(but have the games start counting in 2 years)

So, the ACC adds Miami for football, and the program immediately goes in the tank and then gets hit with major sanctions. The ACC adds Syracuse for basketball (well, really NY tv sets), and the program immediately gets hit with major sanctions. Great timing.

I know we are all skeptical but there is no way the NCAA can hand down this punishment and let Carolina and Williams walk. No way. Carolina is 100x worse.

It feels like sitting at a murder trial and it hitting you. "They're not going to convict. Holy shit, he's gonna get off." And it just siiiinking in.

Either UNC or the NCAA is going down. Win/win for me. If Syracuse gets punished and UNC walks, Boeheim will not go down quietly.

"boeheimian rhapsody" tagger out yourself for posrep.

So, according to wiki, the only multi-season death penalty so far was handed down to The University of Southwestern Louisiana Basketball team for:

How is the situation in Chapel Hill not worse than that?

Didn't SMU get the death penalty too? I know they got slaughtered for their blatant cheating.

^ football yes, after Dickerson and James exhausted their eligiblity.

the two main differences between this and unc is that unc's was on a larger scale and syracuse self-reported

The MAIN difference and the reason the Holes will only get a small penalty in comparison is that the Carolina mess was "academia" driven and the Syracuse mess was "athletics" driven.

The MAIN difference and the reason the Holes will only get a small penalty in comparison is that the Carolina mess was "academia" driven and the Syracuse mess was "athletics" driven.

Wait, do you actually believe that? Or is that the excuse you think the NCAA will use?

Huh? They came out and said players' advisors and tutors were doing their academic work for them. The Cuse players aren't being accused of PED use as far as I know.

Back