• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse Predictions

ironwill24

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been discussed previously. I am a rare sports gambler but am considering wagering on the Syracuse game. Any help on predictions would be much appreciated. I believe Wake is +3 right now.

Wake 34-14. First time I can ever recall taking Wake in a conference game by double digits. I just don't see Syracuse doing too much against our D unless they can get the run game going, and I think our offense's confidence is at an all time high.

WF-28 SU-17. Defense scores a TD, Camp catches a dozen. Wake has 100 yds rushing.

Against BCS teams (only one of which is ranked) Cuse is 1-4, and they have been outscored 16-37. Their starting QB, Terrel Hunt has a 37% completion % and 0/6 TD/INT ratio in his last 3 games. The situation favors Cuse as they are coming off a bye, while WF must recover from a brutal emotional loss at Miami. Tough spot. I would lean to WF, but the game will be close, and will come down to turnovers.

Last edited:
For Syracuse, Wake is a great team to have coming into the dome to turn their season around. Inferior talent, one-dimensional offense, defense suspect against the run. If Syracuse is going to achieve something this season, it comes against Wake or not at all. This game is a complete toss-up.

Pilchard, I agree with your point about the emotional state of the Deacs. The difference, I believe, will be our seniors. We have a special group of seniors, and we have leadership that was lacking for some time. Wooding will be starting for AJ. I think he will shine, because he has a lot to prove, a shaky offense to go up against, and an important game for everyone. Man and moment have met.

After Miami, Syracuse will feel like Mars.

Lots of travel, sluggish.

Cuse 24
Deacs, who absolutely have a better team: conserva-Grobe: 17

I like Wake as long as we can slow down their run game.

Look for Wake to lay an egg at the dome after the heart break in Miami last week.

We have to get 2 out of the remaining 3 games against F$U, Dook and at Vandy.

ULM dagger to our bowling possibilities!:mad:

If Wake loses this one, I want Grobe and co gone on Sunday. A loss would mean that Grobe and co changed something, meddled with it, and took away the skills of Wake's players.

Play the same way they did the last three weeks on Offense and Defense.....
Wake 31
Cuse 14

WF wins 27-21. I wouldn't bet on this game though.

I predict their substitute kicker will nail a 40+ yarder to win the game for them.

Back