• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tabari Hines to State

In the 4th quarter, Hines made a fair catch. Essang Bassang came up and patted him on the helmet. Hines acted like a little bitch and trotted off. Should be playing for Cutcliffe

In the 4th quarter, Hines made a fair catch. Essang Bassang came up and patted him on the helmet. Hines acted like a little bitch and trotted off. Should be playing for Cutcliffe

I stayed and watched the team interaction with Tabari after the game, tons of our guys were hugging it up with Tabari after the game and acted like they were thrilled to see him. Tabari was the last State player to leave the field and the whole time he was walking to State locker room he was watching our guys leave the field. Almost got the feeling he was thinking he wished he was a part of it. He made a decision based on what he thought was best for him, only he knows how he feels it turned out.

I have a lot of love for Tabari for what he did for us when he was here. Dude straight up made a bad decision going to Oregon. Then made an even worse decision to go to State. Yeah, he’s a little self centered, but at the same time, he balled out for us when he was in the gold and black. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

I stayed and watched the team interaction with Tabari after the game, tons of our guys were hugging it up with Tabari after the game and acted like they were thrilled to see him. Tabari was the last State player to leave the field and the whole time he was walking to State locker room he was watching our guys leave the field. Almost got the feeling he was thinking he wished he was a part of it. He made a decision based on what he thought was best for him, only he knows how he feels it turned out.

He made a poor decision. Definitely noticed him watching our guys walk to the locker room like he wished he was still a part of it. I’m sure he realizes he made a bad choice.

Can we all stop discussing this about a dude that graduated from Wake Forest? I don’t understand why fans take it personally that a player decided to transfer from the team you cheer for. He was going to sit behind Dortch for his final season in college football, and probably would have played 25-30% of the snaps. A competitive guy seeking out another option is perfectly reasonable. Everyone talking in this thread is acting as though Hines being at Wake Forest in 2019 was a possibility, and it wasn’t.

Did he make good decisions on what schools to go to? Doesn’t look like it, but that shouldn’t make us dislike the guy. And as far as some of his comments about Oregon/State that may have seemed to slight Wake/Wake players, considering his withstanding friendships with guys on our team I doubt they were taken seriously by those guys, so I’d say we probably shouldn’t either.

Tabaris comments about finally playing with a good quarterback and acting as though he was finally going to have a chance to succeed were unnecessary and not well taken by many, including me. I don’t root against him, I really didn’t think much about him until this game. But I’m incredibly happy that we were the ones celebrating at the end.

At the time, Herbert was the top QB draft prospect. I doubt even Wolford took it as hard as you did.

It’s almost as if his team was getting destroyed and he was disappointed it was an uncompetitive game. How would you expect him to react?

You’re such a tool sometimes.

You're super sensitive about something Hines said that both Hines and Wolford probably forgot. That doesn't make you a better fan than the rest of us.

LOL Tabari wouldn’t even sniff the field for this Wake team. Thanks for the memories though Mr. Hines. Had some great highlight reel catches for the Deacs.

Can we all stop discussing this about a dude that graduated from Wake Forest? I don’t understand why fans take it personally that a player decided to transfer from the team you cheer for. He was going to sit behind Dortch for his final season in college football, and probably would have played 25-30% of the snaps. A competitive guy seeking out another option is perfectly reasonable. Everyone talking in this thread is acting as though Hines being at Wake Forest in 2019 was a possibility, and it wasn’t.

Did he make good decisions on what schools to go to? Doesn’t look like it, but that shouldn’t make us dislike the guy. And as far as some of his comments about Oregon/State that may have seemed to slight Wake/Wake players, considering his withstanding friendships with guys on our team I doubt they were taken seriously by those guys, so I’d say we probably shouldn’t either.

If he wanted a good shot at the NFL, he made a really awful decision to leave Wake prior to his last year, and many of us noted it at the time. If you will recall, he stayed through all sessions of summer school at Wake and then left for Oregon in early August, just prior to the start of fall practices. He did that so he could graduate, which was necessary to transfer and play, but if he wanted a chance at a pro football career he should have stayed at Wake. He knew our offense really well and would have been targeted a lot, even with Dortch there. He would have put up really good numbers in that offense. Instead, he went to Oregon, tried to learn a new offense, and never really had a chance - and it was pretty clear that was going to be the case going into it.

Hines rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with many of his actions - not talking with Clawson prior to announcing his transfer, treating his "recruitment" during summer school like Lebron in The Decision, commenting to the press that he wanted to go somewhere with better players, etc. I don't think anyone was surprised to hear Hines say this prior to the game yesterday, "I don’t know if N.C. State considers Wake Forest a rival but I know being in that locker room they consider it a rivalry,” Hines said. “They get up for this game. I imagine they’ll definitely get up for this game, because I’m on the other side..."

LOL Tabari wouldn’t even sniff the field for this Wake team. Thanks for the memories though Mr. Hines. Had some great highlight reel catches for the Deacs.

Correct. His eligibility would have expired before this season if he had stayed at Wake.

He made a poor decision. Definitely noticed him watching our guys walk to the locker room like he wished he was still a part of it. I’m sure he realizes he made a bad choice.

I believe he graduated from Wake, and went on to play else where and get a masters degree and experience a different part of the country Oregon and a better football program. I’m OK with the decision.

I believe he graduated from Wake, and went on to play else where and get a masters degree and experience a different part of the country Oregon and a better football program. I’m OK with the decision.

Hines left Oregon in November. I don't think he got a masters degree in less than a semester.

Back