• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taking the kids to Washington DC

Stay in the district; don't rely on metro on weekends. Just uber everywhere.

How old are the kids? A place that's great and in the touristy part of DC is Central by Michel Richard. 1001 Penn Ave NW.

All good advice. And if you sit outside at Central you and your kids can gawk at the giant TRUMP signs across the street for the hotel he's building.

Thanks for all advice. I'll run the restaurants recs by the team. And yea, I'll avoid City Tap House if it's anything like the Philly joints. Great beer selection, mediocre food.

Thanks for all advice. I'll run the restaurants recs by the team. And yea, I'll avoid City Tap House if it's anything like the Philly joints. Great beer selection, mediocre food.

could also check out BlueJacket Brewery down by the Navy Yard. Osteria Morini is a wonderful Italian place right on the water there just around the corner.

Columbus Day weekend is the Army Ten Miler, so hotels may be a bit more booked than normal.

They do have duck fat fries... Food's pretty solid actually. There's so much competition with City Center on one side and Del Campo on the other they can't really get away with being mediocre. On the minus side prices have steadily risen since it opened, on the plus side the beer has gotten better and better.

Back