• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tanner Price

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
Boy is his play is night and day from earlier in the year. Made great decisions, felt pressure and extended many plays with his feet.

He had several drops at key times today.

He seems so much more comfortable in this offense. Hopefully he can finish his career in a bowl game.

Boy is his play is night and day from earlier in the year. Made great decisions, felt pressure and extended many plays with his feet.

Not to state the obvious, but they are actually letting him do what he is good at. The complete incompetence that led us to start the season out with the option abomination is going to cost this team a bowl.

Hard to find much fault with Tanner's play today. About the only positive takeaway from this season is the coaches switched gears and allowed Tanner and Camp to play some good ball to close out their careers.

I don't know why we stopped with the wide splits. Certainly helped him early in the game.

On the other hand the thing that keeps Tanner from being a truly great QB is too many misses on what should be gimme throw and catches. It seems that he bounces at least 2-3 bubble screens a game and the occasional throw behind or ahead of a wide open receiver. That last INT was a perfect example. Yeah, you would like to see Crump make that catch, but he was wide open and it was clearly thrown way behind him. An accurate pass allows Crump to pick up at least 8 yards and get out of bounds.

On the other hand the thing that keeps Tanner from being a truly great QB is too many misses on what should be gimme throw and catches. It seems that he bounces at least 2-3 bubble screens a game and the occasional throw behind or ahead of a wide open receiver. That last INT was a perfect example. Yeah, you would like to see Crump make that catch, but he was wide open and it was clearly thrown way behind him. An accurate pass allows Crump to pick up at least 8 yards and get out of bounds.

I think you are right here in general, but the game was over then. I thought Tanner played pretty well today. We just aren't going to beat Miami scoring 21. Even though the defense didn't make a stop there at the end, and the offense played better than expected, we just weren't going to score enough points.

Tanner played well but he doesn't have the "IT" factor that Skinner had. UNC in '12 was the last glimpse of it. The pass to Gibson for the TD in the 4th was a hint, but we needed more in the end. The WRs were avg today. Camp had 10 catches, but nobody else stepped up. Tanner gave alot today, but we needed more.

Tanner played well but he doesn't have the "IT" factor that Skinner had. UNC in '12 was the last glimpse of it. The pass to Gibson for the TD in the 4th was a hint, but we needed more in the end. The WRs were avg today. Camp had 10 catches, but nobody else stepped up. Tanner gave alot today, but we needed more.

We need more options in terms of WRs. I really hope that T.Harris is not seriously injured. And it would help if Ragland would work his way out of the doghouse, if that is possible.

Not going to look it up but I feel like we've recruited well at WR. And usually we're hard pressed to develop more than one at a time. We have a history of "____and the seven dwarves" at WR as long as Grobe has been here.

Any information on T. Harris? We need this kid desperately.

Grobe said he injuries his chest and wasn't breathing great. Hopefully a bruise a nothing more serious. He's given me some hope that maybe we'll still have someone to throw post Camp.

Tanner was 25/45. What percentage were good throws that were dropped vs uncatchable passes? (don't count throw aways).

He played a solid game. Unfortunately the receivers dropped 5-6 passes that were no-brainers, including the last pick. Still, his potential is limited. When we need to go 45 yards to kick a FG with 45 seconds and 1 TO, he doesn't have the arm strenght to make it doable (and it should be). Love his heart and am happy to see him playing better - lord knows the option crap early in the year was a coaching train wreck - but we won't do well having to come from behind in the last minute.

Tanner is a pretty limited player. He's an okay college quarterback, but that's about as far as it goes for skills. Plays hard, but just doesn't have all the physical tools.

I don't think arm strength is one of his limitations. It's definitely better than Riley's was. He lacks the pocket presence, accuracy, touch, and clutch-ness that many of the great college QBs have. He seems to get very jittery on the road, in big games, or in late game situations.

Tanner is a pretty limited player. He's an okay college quarterback, but that's about as far as it goes for skills. Plays hard, but just doesn't have all the physical tools.

Gonna disagree. He is a great QB. No running game and only 1 receiver that he knows will catch it. No way he deserves any crit.

I don't think arm strength is one of his limitations. It's definitely better than Riley's was. He lacks the pocket presence, accuracy, touch, and clutch-ness that many of the great college QBs have. He seems to get very jittery on the road, in big games, or in late game situations.

Riley had better arm strength.

Riley could also throw on the run way, way better than Tanner

Back