• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tanner Price

Riley certainly could make throws that Tanner can't, but in terms of sheer arm strength, Tanner wins. He can throw it farther and put more zip on the ball (to a fault). Arm strength may be the most overrated aspect of a QB IMO though.

Tanner has been a very good QB for WFU. He is one if the 5 or 6 best to ever play for us . He's not Riley, but thats no insult - Riley was the best in school history.

Tanner has been a very good QB for WFU. He is one if the 5 or 6 best to ever play for us . He's not Riley, but thats no insult - Riley was the best in school history.

Norman Snead says Hello!

Last edited:
Norm was the 2nd pick in 1st round or the 1961 NFL draft (Redskins).

Riley had good pocket presence and better touch than Tanner. Tanner has better arm strength and is a better athlete, but Riley was the better QB. Tanner for the most part has been pretty good and I'm glad we had him!

Norman Snead might have been better than Riley. Unfortunately, I never saw him play.

Tanner's been good, but not the type of guy that should have been a four-year starter. We really botched that collection of QB's that we're slightly older than him - the guys that were on the bench during the Skinner era: Stach, Cross, and Sky Jones.

Riley had good pocket presence and better touch than Tanner. Tanner has better arm strength and is a better athlete, but Riley was the better QB. Tanner for the most part has been pretty good and I'm glad we had him!

Umm, no. Riley was a much better athlete. Dude was actually a threat to break the pocket and gain some yards. Tanner just gets 3 yards and falls over.

Umm, no. Riley was a much better athlete. Dude was actually a threat to break the pocket and gain some yards. Tanner just gets 3 yards and falls over.

Um, no Tanner would kill Riley in foot race. Tanner is a better athlete, but like I said Riley had great pocket presence and could use his feet when he had to.

The only thing Tanner can do better than Riley as a quarterback is throw the ball with his left hand.

Um, no Tanner would kill Riley in foot race. Tanner is a better athlete, but like I said Riley had great pocket presence and could use his feet when he had to.

He might win a foot race but Tanner is an absolute DONK when he leaves the pocket. Riley was just so much of more of a gamer. Dude could actually find yards when a play broke down. Tanner cannot.

He might win a foot race but Tanner is an absolute DONK when he leaves the pocket. Riley was just so much of a better gamer. Dude could actually find yards when I play broke down. Tanner cannot.

I don't disagree with that, Riley was very savvy. It's not a put down of Riley, Peyton is not a great athlete, but a great QB. You're on the money about Riley being a gamer!

Back