• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tapatalk Forum App is Free

I had it, but preferred browsing on my phone because of the missing features from Tapatalk. That was probably a few versions ago, so maybe it's better now.

I use it all the time. Probably post from Tapatalk as much as the computer if not more. The only thing you can't do from Tapatalk is tag. You can easily get to your browser from Tapatalk to do that anyway.

I'll try it out since it's free. I'm not a boardsaholic so I never wanted to pay the $3 before.

If CrapshootDeac comments next, this thread will be so awesome.

If you post on other boards, they may be on Tapatalk, too.

The only thing you can't do from Tapatalk is tag.

Have the basic Tapatalk app.
My complaints:
Can you see tags? I can not.
Can't rep or see gifs.
Frequently it won't take me to the correct last post read. Sometimes it's 2 pages back and others you miss 5-6 posts.

Very good for reading the boards though, particularly on a small screen like my iPhone 5. 90% of the time I read the boards on my phone or iPad, I am using Tapatalk. It was worth the $3, so I would definitely download it if free.

Love it, primary way I browse forums (since I mostly do it while bored on public transit, etc.)

Way better than Web for most forums, imo.

Have the basic Tapatalk app.
My complaints:
Can you see tags? I can not.
Can't rep or see gifs.
Frequently it won't take me to the correct last post read. Sometimes it's 2 pages back and others you miss 5-6 posts.

Very good for reading the boards though, particularly on a small screen like my iPhone 5. 90% of the time I read the boards on my phone or iPad, I am using Tapatalk. It was worth the $3, so I would definitely download it if free.

Those are fair complaints, but I'm fine waiting until I'm back at a computer to rep. The benefits far outweigh those problems.

I use it on my iPhone, but not iPad.

They really need to add support for tags, rep, and animated gifs.

Ah. Just downloaded, and it's definitely a ton better than last time I tried it.

It is? You just hit the refresh button at the top.

It's not perfect, but it's way way better than using a browser on a touchscreen

Granted I'm too lazy to toggle with the settings, but whenever I try to open a thread after a few hours/days, it opens on the last page I was reading. Then I hit the refresh and it doesn't work. Then I go back to the main page and hit refresh and it works.

Back